Microsoft Corporation Director BPM Management in New York, New York
Director, Delivery Execution Excellence, Customer Service and Support (CSS) , WW Services
Note: While this role is posted in the United States, given the global scope of this role we encourage applications from candidates based at any of CSS’s major sites worldwide. We may also consider exceptional candidates from other locations, and in these circumstances would expect extensive time spent at those sites
With over 21,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Services team includes IT architects, consultants, support engineers, sales, and business leaders who serve our customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class platforms and productivity services. Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) team is on the front lines with our customers - Consumer and Enterprise - helping them get the most from their technology investments.
We are looking for a senior strategic business leader with demonstrated leadership experience/understanding in/of designing and optimizing delivery models and processes for global large organizations to lead the Delivery Execution Excellence team in CSS.
This role will lead a team of 20+ Microsoft global resources and will be responsible for designing and optimizing processes for delivery models and driving continuous delivery improvements, and owning knowledge management processes end to end for CSS.
Design & optimization of all processes and delivery models etc.
• Define design of delivery models including design of pod teams (support teams set up for agility) and incubation projects
• Optimize all delivery processes and work with Excellence teams (Business Planning, Release) across Operations & Delivery Excellence to define delivery quality standards and best practices at which to hold delivery teams accountable
• Define and optimize routing logic and operations scheme
Drive continuous improvement
• Partner with Tools & Technology team to create standards of technology and best practices to ensure digital efficiency and security across delivery teams
• Drive ambition to use automation, systems, and processes to drive best in class routing operations.
• Gather and analyze feedback & evaluations from customers, identify gaps between ideal delivery processes and models and current practices
• Build CSS brand through continuous improvement of and increasing adherence to delivery quality standards and best practices
Own knowledge management
• Compile, consolidate, and organize best practices across all CSS roles and socialize best practices among relevant teams to ensure continuous improvement and learning
• Proactively send out helpful knowledge materials to targeted internal stakeholders
Overall monitoring of adherence & compliance
• Define quality metrics for the give delivery businesses and where needed to index degrees of quality achieved
• Define recurring diagnostic processes that help build and maintain awareness and compliance to standards
• Monitor adherence to standards of delivery quality
Success Criteria: includes:
• Best in class definition and adoption of delivery standards and best practices across CSS
• Better than benchmark improvement in various organizational delivery KPIs such as bounce rate and solution duration
• Turnaround of delivery execution excellence in instances where delivery standards fall below quality standards and best practices
• Leading transformation of delivery processes as support modernizes in line with digital transformation.
• achieving better than benchmark employee experience
Skills & Qualifications:
• 10+ years of business leadership experience; self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
• Demonstrated experience in leading organizations through to success - drafting right strategy, data savviness to influence delivery business through right customer feedback on support experience, working as necessary with employees at different levels to modify, investing effort in building right stakeholder partnerships, etc.
• Demonstrated skills in building organizational partnerships - across a complex stakeholder network in CSS.
• Demonstrated global communication skills, to ensure delivery teams are aware of and/are adopting best practices and blueprint guidelines.
• Demonstrated business acumen, enabling clear representation of analytical data in business language, to inform prompt, effective decision-making
• Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position is required.
Note that given global scope of this job, travel may be required as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Customer service & support