NBC Universal Senior Analyst, Ad Sales Finance in New York, New York
Job Number 30217BR
Job Title Senior Analyst, Ad Sales Finance
Business Segment Ad Sales
Sub-Business Ad Sales Finance
Posting Category Finance
About Us NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Career Level Experienced
Country United States
State/Province New York
City New York
NBCU National Ad Sales is a 1,300 person organization supporting approximately $7 billion of revenue across Broadcast, Cable and Digital Platforms. Ad Sales Finance supports all revenue reporting, forecasting, operational management of costs as well as incentive compensation design and administration for the salesforce. Primary responsibilities for this role include oversight of the FP&A and accounting operations for Ad Sales marketing production budgets inclusive of, but not limited to closing activities, quarterly forecasting, financial analytics and modelling, and oversight of the annual budget process.
The Senior Analyst, Ad Sales position is a dynamic role on the Ad Sales Finance team that will play a key role in ensuring strong controllership, driving operational excellence and supporting new growth opportunities. This role will work closely with financial and operational leadership and have exposure to all aspects of the sales organization with focus on financial reporting and analysis of Ad Sales marketing production.
• Support monthly and quarterly close processes through accurate pacing updates, variance analysis and standardized reporting packages.
• Partner with department heads to develop and adhere to annual expense budgets through monthly reviews with the senior operational leadership teams.
• Risk and Opportunities Management – create and manage the necessary tools to identify risks and opportunities vs. budget and communicate early and effectively to management.
• Assist production/marketing teams in high-level review and approval of production expenses and related production client billings.
• Streamline processes and reporting across production & marketing teams to enable high-level resource management.
• Work with operational teams on modelling financial implications for new partnerships and initiatives that are production related.
• Act as the liaison between the network finance/production teams and the sales organization on a variety of administrative and financial matters as needed.
Four year degree (B.A., B.S.) in Finance, Accounting, or related field
Minimum of 3 years of finance and/or accounting experience
Advanced user of Microsoft Excel with track record of complex model building e.g. pivot tables, V look-ups, SUM ifs, automation of link updates
Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
1+ years experience in client-facing roleEligibility Requirements
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
Willingness to work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
Must be willing to work in New York City
Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be 18 years or older
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Must be self-directed and detailed oriented with a commitment to quality and accuracy.