PAE, Inc Paralegal in New York, Virginia
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
THIS IS AN SCA POSITION WITH AN HOURLY RATE OF $23.36 AND $4.27 IN HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROVIDED
· Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures: compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents; summarizes depositions and other transcripts; maintains case files; performs simple legal research; indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery); indexes, tracks, and controls exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial.
· Prepares exhibit cross-references.
· Reviews documents for relevance and privilege according to established guidelines and criteria.
· Other examples of the types of work to be performed include compilation of documents for FOIA, production requests, Congressional inquiries, etc.
· May have a role involving special knowledge and skills, such as litigation, document analysis or accounting.
· Litigation specialty supports attorneys during trial, including courtroom locations. Is expected to work independently on tasks without the need for continuous input from SEC staff.
· Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain a government security clearance.
· Requires Paralegal Certificate and 2 years of experience in the required specialty, such as litigation, document analysis, or accounting. An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted for the Paralegal Certificate.
· For litigation specialty experience in trial support, cite checking legal motions and memoranda, and automated litigation support is required.
·Must have and use excellent oral and written communications skills.
·Requires thorough knowledge of legal research tools such as LEXIS/NEXIS, CLEAR, Westlaw, Concordance or Recommind; experience documenting Table of Authorities, and Table of Contents.
· Role also requires knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
· Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.
· Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office 2010 or newer programs, and Adobe Professional, or newer program, to include redacting and redlining expertise.
·In addition, must have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including databases (such as documentreview and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK at http://www.jobs.net/jobs/pae/join
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. government, its allied partners and international organizations. With over 60 years of experience, PAE supports the execution of complex and critical missions by providing global logistics and stability operations, technical services and national security solutions to customers around the world. PAE has a workforce of approximately 15,000 people in over 60 countries on all seven continents and is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with PAE, please call Recruiting at (703) 656-6064 or email email@example.com with "Disability Assistance" in the subject line.
Complete our survey to help us find more candidates like you! Click HERE at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/F2XWFFF