Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Jr. Account Manager, Service Sales in Newport, Delaware
This position is responsible for sales of service contracts, service sales and small to medium sized projects related to integrated electronic security and life safety systems, within an assigned territory. Additional responsibilities include developing an overall understanding and market awareness of the security and life safety offerings of the company, implementing local marketing campaigns, prospecting for service contract sales opportunities, and development of a strong customer base. . . Initial focus will be on entry level service contract opportunities, with the opportunity for career growth within company, based on success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Build and develop relationships with existing and new Kratos clients, in regards to service contracts
- Develop and implement prospecting/sales campaigns, with a focus on service contracts
- Negotiate contracts and agreements
- Work towards learning design /configure basic fire alarm, security or communications systems
- Fulfill revenue quotas and quote quotas as specified by management
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Experience and Skills:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Adheres to the Kratos Code of Conduct & Ethics
- Desire to learn the fire alarm, security or communications market, its major customers / users, major competitors, and the dynamics of the market.
- Must possess local industry awareness.
- Must possess strong communications and customer relations skills
- Must be willing to learn the main territory competitors, their markets, products, and pricing strategies.
- High integrity and trustworthiness.
- Ability to travel as required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proficient with Outlook and the Internet.
- High-level of integrity and trustworthiness. Must be driven and resourceful.
- Ability to report to work during customary or specifically assigned working hours
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public
- Valid Drivers License
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a 4-year college degree, with a desire to begin a career in the security and life safety technology industry
- Previous sales experience of integrated electronic security, life safety and/or other technology related fields would be a plus, but is not required. Must demonstrate a desire to learn and grow in a security integration and life safety technology company. Must be willing to learn the abilities to market, prospect and propose service contracts for new and existing security and life safety systems. Must be professional and articulate with high-level communication skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Kratos PSS, a Division of Kratos Defense Systems, is not able to provide U.S. sponsorship at this time.
The employee will likely be placed in an office. The work environment characteristics are representative of those of an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES.
Job Tracking ID: 85347-232560
Location: Newport, DE
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: October 21, 2016
Job Level: Entry Level (less than 2 years)
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: At least 1 Year
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: October 31, 2016