Entegee ECC Cut-Off Laser Operator - 2nd Shift in Norfolk, Massachusetts
ECC Cut-Off Laser Operator - 2nd Shift
Job Code: 53294387Job Location: Norfolk, MACategory: TechniciansLast Updated: 09/19/2016Apply Now!
Operate one or more fixed and fiber optic lasers or similar equipment, following standard charts, in order to manufacture small diameter parts to specifications requiring adherence to extremely tight tolerances. Set up and operate secondary equipment and perform any other functions within the department that may be necessary.
• Operate machine achieving print specifications including quality and through put.
• Implement continuous improvement activities.
• Perform JobBOSS transactions.
• Perform required daily maintenance to equipment and tools.
• Work from established procedures and prescribed operation sequences to achieve parts per print and quality specifications.
• Read blueprint and job order for product specifications and tooling instructions such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be processed.
• Use blue print data to program Laser machine.
• Verify proper parts and fixturing.
• Correctly square up work piece.
• Verify dimensions of finished work piece for conformance to specifications using optical comparator, gage blocks and gage pins.
• Perform routine maintenance on the Laser machine.
• Work with Technical Leader and/or Supervisor to monitor and study cycle times.
• Perform 1st piece and In-process inspections.
• Update and document process package instructions, if applicable.
• Communicate with co-workers, members of other shifts, technical leader, team leader and/or supervisor to transfer and receive instructions and information as well as coordinate activities regarding the status of the operation of particular jobs.
• Simultaneous to Laser operation, perform a variety of secondary operations as required.
• Suggest improvements to existing methods of grinding.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
High School Diploma or equivalent and at least 3-6 months experience in a small device manufacturing environment is required.
Laser knowledge, laser welding and/or laser cutting experience is preferred.
Must be able to read blue prints, drawings, specifications and quality plans and have very strong oral and written communication skills, be able to follow written and verbal instructions and be capable of meeting assigned deadlines.
Good manual dexterity and ability to use measurement and inspection tools like micrometers, microscope, etc.
Good work habits, strong workmanship and a positive attitude are required.