Entegee Principal EHS Coordinator - 53646130 - TF in North Haven, Connecticut
Principal EHS Coordinator - 53646130 - TF
Job Code: 53646130Job Location: North Haven, CTCategory: Civil & ArchitecturalLast Updated: 10/12/2016Apply Now!
The Principal EHS Coordinator is responsible for performing a wide variety of duties under general direction to prevent environmental impacts and contribute to the general health and safety performance success of the organization. Responsibilities include: Coordination of hazardous, universal and reusable/recyclable wastes handling processes and pick-ups; quotes and invoice processing and payments; EHS department Pcard process; environmental sampling and lab testing activities; periodic environmental and safety audits, inspections and reporting; environmental data collection, processing and reporting; water, storm water, waste water periodic inspection, monitoring, data collection and reporting. Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the services necessary to successfully carry out the aforementioned activities as well as participate in continuous improvement projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate actively in environmental, health and safety activities as assigned by his/her manager.
• Coordination of hazardous, universal and reusable/recyclable wastes handling processes and pick-ups: Waste and materials handling activities, housekeeping of storage areas; conduct periodic inspections, inventories, waste pickups and coordinating waste management contractors.
• Quotes and invoice processing and payments: request quotes from vendors, procure approvals, receive invoices and process payments.
• EHS department Pcard process: Purchase items required by EHS department members. Office supplies, emergency radios, payment of regulatory fees, certifications, permits and other items.
• Environmental sampling and lab testing activities: Collect water, waste water, storm water and other samples following chain of custody; submit to testing labs and process results.
• Periodic environmental and safety audits, inspections and reporting: Emergency kits, spill kits, AED’s, storm water, satellite storage area, dry wash leak tests - PERC, waste water systems, air pollution control systems.
• Environmental data collection, processing and reporting: Support GPLPE, TRI and Tier II reporting requirements, sterilizer reports, NOx calculations, sterilizer ongoing reports, GC performance reports.
• Water, storm water, waste water periodic inspection, monitoring, data collection and reporting: Monthly DMR, miscellaneous sewer discharges, waste water sampling and visual inspections.
• EHS performance tracking and communication process: data collection, spreadsheet updates, reporting, and communication.
• Follow up on the EHS corrective action plans to implement preventive and/or corrective actions to resolve regulatory and other potentially hazardous/unsafe conditions.
• Participate in the investigation of environmental incidents site-wide to ensure root cause identification and resolution.
• Ensure compliance with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP and ISO), safety policies, and good housekeeping;
• Support EHS department on continuous improvement projects.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required, with or without accommodation.
• Proactive in taking on new projects and responsibilities
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Knowledge of computer (Microsoft office), office, and audio visual equipment
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Familiar with environmental monitoring equipment such as air quality monitoring equipment (desired)
• Familiarity with environmental regulations.
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in environmental science/engineering or similar career.
• 1 - 3 years of EHS experience in manufacturing environment, including safety and health. Experience with inspections, audits, reporting, corrective action tracking, p-card administration processes, inspections and audits, incident investigation, archiving, development of power point presentations, development of forms in Microsoft excel and word.
For more information about this position, please contact the Entegee New Hope, MN office at 763-577-9000 or email@example.com.
Please reference job # 53646130TF
Equal Opportunity Employer