HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgery Operating Room Manager in North Miami Beach, Florida
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company’s mission and vision by managing all aspects of environmental control, clinical staff, materials and equipment, and education of personnel. Responsible for ongoing analysis and evaluation of nursing services rendered to improve clinical outcomes. Plans and directs the delivery of safe, effective nursing care until the patient is discharged. The clinical director ensures that nursing care meets the standards of the profession, the policies and procedures of the Center, and is appropriate to the Center’s patient population to identify patient and family needs. The director will demonstrate leadership by working collaboratively to promote quality customer service and patient satisfaction.
SUPERVISES– All Clinical Areas
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manages and supervises all areas of nursing care.
- Establishes and maintains an effective and supportive working relationship with the Medical Director.
- Ensures that the day-to-day operations are conducted in accordance with clinical practice standards and the policies/procedures of the Center.
- Keeps Facility Administrator abreast of clinical activities.
- Provides leadership for staff, promotes an environment in which all team members can work cooperatively.
- Oversees and/or administers staff scheduling and productivity, as required per facility practice.
- Coordinates staff assignments with charge nurse for patient care based on patient needs and abilities of the staff.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of nursing care provided.
- Direct and provide for patient care in emergency situations.
- Maintain a high level of personal service to physicians and their patients.
- Effectively recruits and hires quality staff to ensure adequate staffing at all times.
- Administers effective employee performance management through continuous coaching and development.
- Administers appropriate corrective action in timely manner to address behavior/performance matters in accordance with policy and procedure.
- Understands and assists with implementing and maintaining personnel policies, employee benefit package, wage and salary program, and appropriate job descriptions that have approval by the Governing Body.
- Establish appropriate lines of communication, authority, and accountability as directed for the clinical operations.
- Attends and participate in MEC and Governing Body meetings.
- Understands regulatory standards (AAAHC, CMS, and OSHA) and assist in preparation for and compliance with regulatory agency inspections/audits.
- Conduct staff meetings at regular intervals for informative and educational purposes.
- Ensure the maintenance of equipment used in surgery and any ancillary equipment is done regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Implement Best Practices and follow-up.
- Assists with facility marketing efforts.
- Assists with implementing on-going risk management program.
- Completes variance reports as necessary.
- Supervises and participates in inventory count, as required per facility practice.
- Assist in annual budget preparation and evaluation of proposed new equipment.
- Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
- Attends all mandatory in-services, facility staff meetings and participates in emergency drills.
- Orientates and trains new employees.
- Completes annual competency and other required education as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of records and patient information at all times.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities timely and effectively in accordance with established company policies to achieve overall ASD objectives.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”.
- Acts as Administrator Designee in Administrator’s absence.
- While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current Position, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, or working conditions associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the Position or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances warrant (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel or staffing, workload, rush jobs, or technical developments) Age Specific Care:
The patient care requirements may include those of pediatric, child and adolescent when such patient populations are served, as well as adult and geriatric.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of business operations and the effect they have on the overall business results.
- Identifies and understands underlying care management issues and trends.
- Knows when to apply proper care interventions.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Ability to apply tools and processes to successfully manage to staffing budget.
- Ability to assess work activities and allocate resources appropriately.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources.
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, accurate, and factual.
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills.
- Establishes good interpersonal relationships by helping people feel valued, appreciated and included in discussions.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Handles upset staff and patients by hearing them out, empathizing, apologizing and taking personal responsibility for resolving the problem/issue.
- Objectively views a conflict from all sides.
- Performs mentally and physically taxing work effectively; retains the capacity for effective action or accomplishment over long periods of time.
- High Impact Communication - Ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient outcomes by respecting each patient’s cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizational, project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile totals.
Computer Skills – Demonstrated computer proficiency and proficiency in PC applications as required. *EDUCATION: *
Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Nursing strongly preferred. EXPERIENCE:
Minimum (3) years direct RN experience; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center surgical setting.
- Minimum (1) year clinical supervisory experience.
- Active RN license as required by state of employment.
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment.* *online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS and PALS as required by facility.
CNOR preferred. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Work hours are variable based on patient care needs;
- Ability to sit and stand for prolong periods of time, ability to walk, some bending, stooping and stretching;
- Capability for overhead and low reaching activities;
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, and occasional use of other office equipment;
- Requires normal range of hearing/eyesight/voice projection to record, prepare, and communicate appropriately;
- Physical strength for equipment needs and patient care activities; may require frequent lifting/moving up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting/moving in excess of 50 pounds;
- Ability to move quickly in response to patient needs;
- Ability to make constant/frequent judgment/response to problem;
- Exposure to noisy equipment;
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations, high stress/pressure, handles emergency or crisis situations, regular interaction with emotional patients and/or family members;
- Work is performed in a patient care setting and may involve exposure to infections, communicable diseases and hazardous materials, radiation/laser, waste gases and blood and body fluids. Frequent exposure to water and chemicals used in disinfection/sterilization process.
- Occasional travel may be required to attend meetings/training.
Title: Surgery Operating Room Manager
Location: Florida-North Miami Beach-North Miami Beach Surgical Center
Requisition ID: 09384-3358