Riverside Community Care Peer Specialist in Norwood, Massachusetts
Unique opportunity to join our growing Emergency Services Team!
Peer Specialists help to make Emergency Services welcoming, comfortable, supportive, and responsive to individuals who utilize them and their families.
Using personal experience and knowledge of navigating the greater system of care, Peer Specialists provide consumers with support, information, and assistance in connecting with and obtaining community-based resources and services.
Primary responsibilities include:
- providing consumers and families with information about recovery, rehabilitation and crisis self-management
- arranging post-intervention services
- providing support while consumers are transitioning to follow-up care
Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend hours required.
Riverside offers an outstanding staff training program, excellent clinical supervision, competitive salary, and career advancement opportunities!
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Basic computer fluency (including Microsoft Office) required
Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle required for local transportation Required Experience
Associate's Degree in a Human Services or related field; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Must have a personal lived experience of the effects of psychiatric symptoms
- Personal knowledge of area clinical providers and support systems preferred
Tracking Code: 1518-709
Job Location: Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular