Lakeland Bank Mortgage Specialist I in Oak Ridge, New Jersey
There is no formal training provided on a day-to-day basis. Further, the pace does not allow for a lot of individual guidance, so the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate self-sufficiency and the ability to multi-task and perform independently, using knowledge and tools gained from prior employment. The Bank does offer assistance with independent, job-related training opportunities and tuition assistance upon meeting eligibility requirements.
- General knowledge of the loan process is preferred.
- Familiarity with income and debt calculations is required.
- Must be well-organized, able to prioritize and work well and under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, including knowing who to contact for assistance in obtaining resolution.
- Willing and able to abide by all applicable regulatory and department practices and procedures.
- Minimum of 1 year previous mortgage processing support experience.
- Compliance knowledge to include ATR/QM and TRID
- Working knowledge of Encompass preferred
Must be bondable
This position is responsible for providing support to the Mortgage Team under the direction of the Processing Supervisor. In addition to assisting with the processing of a high-volume pipeline, this position acts as a processing liaison for the Team, as well as customers.
- Send Welcome Letters as prepared by Mortgage Specialist II.
- Follow-up on appraisal orders.
- Assist with Milestone completion, rate locks and contingency dates.
- Process information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Timely and accurate entry of data into Encompass system.
- Order and review third-party documentation including IRS Tax Transcripts, employment verifications, SSA-89 forms, credit supplements, flood certifications, etc.
- Provide proactive, timely follow-up to client, supervisor and other department staff
- Compile and enter application information, review file to verify that data is complete and meets Bank standards, program and/or investor requirements
- Submit loans to AUS systems (LP, DU, Total Scorecard, proprietary) as applicable
- Issue accurate federal disclosures as requested within legal timeframes
- Request corrections as necessary prior to and after underwriting
- Issue Mortgage Commitments, follow up on conditions and assist with the clearing of loan files for the Closing Department
Please be sure that you have the availability to work this schedule before applying
Total hours for the week
Overtime as needed
Job ID: 2016-1434
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: US - NJ - Oak Ridge
Posted Date: 10/17/2016
Category: Non-Branch - Mortgage