Quad/Graphics Press Maintenance Mechanic in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
A leading global provider of print and media solutions, Quad/Graphics is powered by a passion for innovation and the most advanced platform in the industry. Our collaborative team of “can-do” people continually challenge the status quo, creating groundbreaking solutions that push the boundaries of communications.
Quad/Graphics is seeking a Press Maintenance Mechanic. The Press Mechanic troubleshoots repairs and maintains mechanical and hydraulic components of production presses and equipment using hand tools, power tools and precision measuring instruments. The Press Mechanic plays an essential role in helping the plant provide high quality product and efficient service to our customers by minimizing operational downtime. The position is a 12-hour shift, (7 a.m. – 7 p.m. and 7 p.m. – 7 a.m.) on a rotational 5-2-2-5 day work week.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Must be able to safely perform mechanical preventive maintenance procedures and repair web offset, gravure printing presses and auxiliary equipment while maintaining accurate records
• Must be able to troubleshoot, test, analyze and repair precision machinery and auxiliary equipment utilizing blueprints schematics, manufacturer specifications and manuals
• Must be able to perform all work efficiently with an understanding the urgency of press downtimes
• Must emphasizes proactive measures to minimize reactive maintenance
• Must be able to maintain and repair components on systems such as bearings, gear clutches, couplings, belted and shafted drives, gearboxes, and compressors, pneumatic systems, natural gas fire ovens, and pollution control systems
• Basic welding and mechanical tasks as required.
Quad/Graphics is one of the largest commercial printers in the world. Since our founding in 1971, the company has grown to an employee roster of 25,000 strong. Headquartered in Wisconsin, our company has print-production facilities on three continents.
Quad/Graphics is a leading provider of print solutions for consumer magazines, special interest publications, catalogs and specialty products. We provide full production services, from design and photography through printing, finishing and distribution, using the most modern equipment and service approaches in the industry.
We are a value-driven company committed to our clients, employees, communities and the environment. As the industry leader, we take print to a higher level of service and our employees are encouraged to think and act like owners and innovate solutions.
The Oklahoma City facility can be summed up in one word. Growth. We have more than quadrupled our size since opening in 2003. Today we are the largest print-production facility west of the Mississippi River. Quad/Graphics is a casual, friendly and challenging place to work where ingenuity is rewarded and diversity is embraced.
Our growth has driven some of the outstanding benefits that go along with this opportunity:
• Onsite fitness center for all employees
• Onsite café for all employees
• QuadMed, an onsite medical facility, which is open to our full-time employees and their families
• Onsite catch and release fishing pond for employees and their families
The role provides the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and advance in a challenging environment. All positions include on-the-job and/or technical classroom training. We encourage you to apply today and continue this growth with us.
• Must have a minimum of three years of experience and working knowledge of precision test and calibration equipment
• Must be able to perform preventive maintenance to web offset and gravure printing presses
• Must have a thorough understanding of components, systems bearings, clutches, gears, belted and shafted drives, and pneumatic systems
• Must be able to perform math functions
• Must be able to understand and follow instructions (both verbal and written)
• Must be able to troubleshoot effectively and respond quickly to solve press and equipment malfunctions
• Must be able to follow safety instructions while performing tasks and effectively communicate with Press Operators, crew members and management as necessary
• Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating schedule (7 a.m. - 7 p.m. and 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.), including days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed
• Must provide own set of tools (tool list will be provided at interview stage) and be able to safely operate both hand and power tools
• Previous mechanical experience and working knowledge a printing press preferred.
• Essential functions of this job include the following: the ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours, use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects.
*All physical requirements must be met with or without reasonable accommodation.
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace