NBH Bank Teller Supervisor in Olathe, Kansas
JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following sets forth the primary responsibilities of this job, but is not an exhaustive list. The Bank, through its managers and supervisors, reserves the right to assign any additional duties necessary to meet the needs of our clients, associates and/or shareholders.
- Manage and lead the teller team in delivering the Client Experience by providing excellent client service with each interaction while performing routine banking center and client service duties.
- Create, train and coach a successful service and referral team while leading by example.
- Introduce clients to new products and services, and generate referrals for other members of the sales team to close.
- Lead the team on sales and service goals while balancing operational duties to ensure transactions are handled accurately and efficiently.
- Responsible for effective salary administration, performing timely reviews, reward and time management of the team.
- Receive, verify and pay negotiable items and cash for deposit, credit payments and collections.
- Receive commercial and consumer deposits, verify correct cash amount and endorsements and issue receipts.
- Place holds on deposits for uncollected funds and complete difficult transactions for lobby and drive-up clients and demonstrate advanced proficiency with our systems.
- Provide override decisions on cash and deposits for others when outside of assigned limits.
- Daily balancing of your drawer within the established teller difference policy. Daily balancing of the banking center to include all teller drawers, vault and night depository.
- Work alone to complete Branch Capture, manage audit and compliance protocol, and lead team to operational excellence.
- Responsible for training and coaching all associates on teller functions and duties based on their title.
- Protect all client and bank information, and ensure all associates comply with the Customer Privacy and Information Policy & Procedure for communication with clients, vendors and associates.
- Authority to sign bank documents up to approved limits.
- Assume the duties of the Banking Center Manager/Assistant Manager in his/her absence.
- Responsible for adherence to bank’s operational compliance, audit and security policies and applicable state and federal laws.
- Maintain current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements.
- Interact with others (co-workers, management, clients, and vendors) in a professional and tactful manner including treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
EDUCATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Required: This position requires the following educational and/or job experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Strong client service skills
Previous supervisory/leadership experience
minimum 3-4 years of teller experience
Associate’s degree or higher
Bilingual language skills
minimum 4-5 years of relevant job experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following is intended to give an overview of the requirements of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
Effective written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills; demonstrated ability to speak effectively to internal and external clients.
Client service driven; responsive to client issues and concerns.
Strong attention to detail and ability to complete work accurately.
Lead by example in all areas including referrals, balancing and daily banking center operations.
Above average ability to think logically in order to analyze situations, and make sound decisions.
Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to research various systems.
Proficient at working with multiple computer and software systems.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as cash back, and percentages.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position, but is not an exhaustive list.
Work hours may vary based on the Banking Center hours of operation.
Standing for extended periods of time.
Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time (typically no longer than 8 hours).
Must be able to push, pull, pull up, bend, lift at the knees and waist, twist body at the waist, raise and hold arms overhead, turn head-neck-shoulders as needed, grasp other items with hands, for either extended periods of time or many times throughout the workday.
Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary.
Requisition Number: 16-0148
Post Date: 4/18/2016
Title: Teller Supervisor
Organization: Bank Midwest