Washington State Contracts Assistant (CA 1080) Olympia in Olympia, Washington
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Contracts Assistant. This position assists Contracts Specialists, Contract Consultants, or other agency officials in the development of contracts and procurement, contracting support and services, and contract administration. This position helps ensure that the Contracts & Procurement program meets our obligations under the state's procurement statute.
The Contracts Assistant will help reduce the cost of government operations by applying Lean principles and is responsible for the delivery of exceptional services. This position will model a Lean organizational culture that promotes the practice of respect for people, openness, trust, safety, transparency, collaborative problem solving, managing data, and incremental continuous improvement.
- Review contract documents for compliance with laws, regulations and policy, and provide preliminary interpretation to contract manager.
- Track and monitor the status of contract amendments, modification documents, and contract-related communications.
- Assist contracts specialist in preparing and issuing requests for qualifications and quotations and requests for proposals. Assist with completion of contract paperwork.
- Track status of deliverable expectation documentation and artifacts deliverables. Conduct preliminary review and distribute to designated staff for final review and approval.
- Track and report the status of artifacts and deliverables. Enter data into spreadsheets. Review and compare performance information with contract requirements. Maintain statistical information and reports on the agency's diversity participation spend.
- Prepare professional written correspondence. Maintain project glossary. Assist with, create and update weekly project status report. Maintain contract records. Create progress reports and compile contracts data for the annual report.
- Ensure insurance certificates, subcontracting plans, and other required documentation is current.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues, customers, contractors and managers to address and resolve contract and work unit issues.
- Maintain and update the report for all Department of Enterprise Systems (DES) mandatory procurement training including coordinating and preparing for internal ESD contracts training.
- Answer telephone calls and respond to emails and logs requests into tracking system.
- Receive contract intake forms and create project file folders.
- Create, maintain and update the unit's visual management tools. Qualifications
- Awareness-level knowledge of contract policies, rules, regulations and laws.
- Awareness-level analytical skill – use logic and reasoning to assess information, form logical conclusions, evaluate options, and make decisions or recommendations.
- Working-level attention to detail - thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Monitors and checks information.
- Awareness-level customer service skills – build and maintain customer relations and satisfaction.
- Awareness-level computer skill - use computer hardware and software to complete assignments. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10331
Department: Employment Security Department
Closing: 10/20/2016 5:00 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $31,224.00 - $40,428.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA