Washington State ctcLink Functional Analyst - Finance in Olympia, Washington
This position is open until filled.
View the entire job description on our jobs page http://www.sbctc.edu/about/jobs/job-positions/ctclink-functional-analyst-finance.aspx
POSITION OVERVIEW * *ctcLink-- the SBCTC Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) project -- is a multi-phase, multi-year project that will replace the full administrative software suite for the 34 community and technical colleges and the SBCTC agency. The overall project is scheduled for completion in late 2018.
The Finance Functional Analyst is responsible for delivery of the processes and functionality of assigned PeopleSoft modules throughout the overall implementation schedule.
The Finance Functional Analyst will become the system expert in various finance processes as they relate to modules in the PeopleSoft Finance pillar. This position will work closely with consultants provided by the system implementation vendor on the PeopleSoft product, participate in all global and local design activities related to the PeopleSoft Finance application, and provide leadership to the Subject Matter Expert (SME) team members at the colleges.
The successful incumbent must possess or gain:
- extensive knowledge of how the Washington community and technical college environment operates.
- an extensive network of key individuals that can help answer questions and resolve issues related to finance.
Recruitment and screening of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled. However, to ensure full consideration, return completed materials before 5 p.m. on the closing date. Note: Agency hiring authorities reserve the right -- and may exercise the option -- to make a hiring decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.
- Performs business analysis (including business process management and reengineering).
- Refines and clarifies business requirements.
- Provides knowledge of end-user needs, business processes and procedures, etc.
- Develops business specifications (e.g., for required customizations).
- Participates in the application design and configuration (including functional security –definition of roles, permissions, etc.).
- Supports execution and development of day-to-day deliverables that enable the ongoing compliance needs related to state and federal legislation, IT policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, and more.
- Supports the data conversion activities through establishing required configurations in PeopleSoft, mapping data and performing conversion related tasks as needed by the functional team.
- Assists the Finance Project Lead in working with business process owners to ensure that the design and scope is and remains consistent with functional expectations and priorities as related to the PeopleSoft Financials application.
- Provides input to the Organization Change Management Team to update business processes and documentation.
- Provides input to the Finance Project Lead in recommending business solutions and alternatives for best practices and related compliance projects.
- Assists with college staff adoption and use of the PeopleSoft Financials application and associated analytics as they relate to general financial management, with special focus on aiding the college in understanding the key business processes are executed within an assigned PeopleSoft module.
- Participate in all business process review activities and provide business process insight into recommended best practices concerning the various modules within the Finance pillar.
- Assists in the maintenance of tracking and issue logging related to PeopleSoft Financials application activities.
- Provides input on functional and technical specifications for reporting, interfaces and customizations.
- Provides input on the end-user training materials, and as needed, delivers such training.
Provides input in the development of test scripts for utilization prior to implementation. Qualifications
Three-plus years of related experience in a higher education setting in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Asset management
- Budget development
- Contract management
- General accounting
- Grant management
- Travel and expense management
- Treasury Services
- One-plus years of related experience working with PeopleSoft Finance version 8.9 or greater in a higher education setting in one or more of the following PeopleSoft modules:
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Asset management
- Cash management
- Commitment control
- General ledger
- Project costing
- Travel and expense
- Strategic sourcing
- Student Financials (Campus Solutions)
- Supplier contract management
- Proficient and adept at using higher level formulas within Excel to manage large data volumes in spreadsheet form, especially using VLOOKUP. Supplemental Information
APPLICATION PROCESS Interested candidates may apply by submitting the following items:
- Letter of formal application that addresses your interest in the position and ability to perform the responsibilities described in this announcement.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- List of at least three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews. Send application materials
Email is preferred, but you may send application materials by one of the following delivery methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 360-704-4415
Mail: Christine Salvador, HRC SBCTC Human Resource Office PO Box 42495 Olympia, WA 98504-2495 Application tips
Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your email and/or subject line – suggested subject line format: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, address, current phone number, and email on the first page of each document you submit.
Job Type: Exempt
Job Number: 2016-27
Department: State Board for Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $88,077.36 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA