Washington State Custodian 1 / Non-Perm / Swing Shift in Olympia, Washington
This recruitment will be used to fill one or more non-permanent swing shift positions during the Legislative session
The Department of Enterprise Services (DES) delivers high quality, cost-effective support services to state government.
Enterprise Services features expertise in information technology and print support, contract management, human resources and employee training, statewide financial systems, public works project management, and the care and stewardship of the state capitol grounds and buildings.
The department's goal in every transaction is to deliver innovative business solutions and services that meet the needs of those we serve. Duties
These non-permanent positions will work swing shift from 5:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. and are responsible for providing cleaning services of all types in and around facilities. Working alone or as a part of a team, performs custodial work. Work includes all cleaning tasks to provide clean, safe, healthy environment for building tenants and visitors. Uses prescribed cleaning products and chemicals on a daily basis which may require the use of protective equipment. Uses a number and variety of tools including backpack vacuums which may be used up to 8 hours of a work shift.
- Completion of at least eighth grade;
- Ability to lift/transfer up to 50lbs or more;
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, bend, reach, push, pull, and kneel;
- Ability to work with a backpack vacuum or floor crew machinery for up to eight (8) hours;
- Ability to read, speak, and understand English;
- Ability to read/understand and follow instructions provided verbally and/or in writing; and
- Must have a valid driver's license. Supplemental Information
READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY:
- The initial screening will be solely based on the contents and completeness of the "duties summary" section of your application in Careers.wa.gov, completeness of the application material submitted, and the supplemental questionnaire.
- A resume will not substitute for completing the "duties summary" section of the application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire regarding work experience must be reflected in the "duties summary" section of the application.
- By submitting materials you are indicating that all information is true and correct. The state may verify information. Any untruthful or misleading information is cause for removal from the applicant pool or dismissal if employed.
- Prior to any new appointment into Department of Enterprise Services, a background check will be conducted.
*NOTE: *As a condition of employment, the candidate accepting this position will be required to comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees. This means that, as a condition of employment the candidate must either join the union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are put into pay status.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and wish to claim Veteran's Preference MUST attach a copy of their DD-214, or other verification of military service.
Note: Applicants claiming veteran's preference points must attach the documentation with each on-line application. If you do not provide appropriate documentation to qualify for these preference points, the points will not be awarded.
For additional information on Veteran's Preference and guidance on how to determine if you are eligible,click here.
We thank you and are grateful for your service
Should you have any questions regarding this position or the online application, contact Angie Anderson at (360) 407-8446 or email@example.com.
The state of Washington is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with a disability who need assistance with their application or that need this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 407-8413. TTY users should first call 711 to access the Washington Relay Service.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-FAC-015
Department: Dept. of Enterprise Services
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $2,027.00 - $2,602.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA