Washington State DSHS Economic Services Administration - Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Engagement Manager in Olympia, Washington
You'll develop and implement Economic Services Administration's (ESA) statewide Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion plan, and act as our statewide expert on equity, diversity, and inclusion for the ESA. Additionally,you'll provide expert-level consultation and technical assistance to the Assistant Secretary, Deputy, and administration leadership team to strategically: identify, develop, and promote leadership skills and competencies that support policies, practices, and principles; and assist the administration in increasing awareness and removing barriers to institutionalizing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion concepts and culture in the Economic Services Administration. The position is Washington Management Service (WMS) Band 2.
Economic Services Administration has approximately 4,200 employees and a $1.3 billion annual budget, with over 60 offices statewide. Our administration provides cash, food, and work-related employment benefits, determines eligibility for child care and medical coverage, provides child support services, determines eligibility for federal supplemental security benefits, and collects debts owed to the Department. Almost one out of every three Washington citizens (about 2.1 million clients each year) turns to Economic Services Administration every day for assistance with cash, food, child support, child care, or other services.
With a focus on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion you will:
- Provide expert-level consultation and technical assistance to administration management to strategically identify, develop, and promote leadership skills and competencies that support policies, practices, and principles.
- Advise and recommend avenues to increase awareness, support cultural change, and remove barriers to fully institutionalizing concepts and principles.
- Assist the administration in increasing awareness and removing barriers to institutionalizing concepts and culture in the Economic Services Administration.
- Develop, implement, monitor and continuously refine a comprehensive, statewide plan, and implement effective strategic training, communication, and statewide policies and practice.
- Lead a team of subject matter experts to develop and implement our administration's strategic plan and policy.
- Develop and conduct training, facilitation, conflict resolution, and support to staff at state and local office levels.
- Identify the most effective methods of communication and outreach.
Develop materials, articles, and other media to support an awareness strategy. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a degree in public administration or related field and at least five years of progressively responsible experience working in a social and health service environment. (An equivalent number of years of professional experience may substitute for education.)
- Demonstrated experience in the principles and practices of project management, including planning, organization, and directing the work of others.
- Strong problem-solving and public speaking skills. Desirable Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in equity, diversity, and inclusion work
- Demonstrated experience facilitating groups, conflict resolution, and training
- Working knowledge of strategic planning and performance management
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Supplemental Information
Do You Have What We Are Looking For?
Interested applicants: click Apply above and attach the following documents to your online application
- Letter of interest with a detailed description of your experience as it pertains to the qualifications listed
- Current chronological resume to include dates of employment
- Three current professional reference contacts, including one from a previous supervisor
- Two original Writing Samples - maximum 10 pages total A thorough reference check will be conducted for final applicants.
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
If you have questions regarding this opportunity, contact Anthony Distefano
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10220
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $76,885.00 - $89,500.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA