Washington State DSHS Enterprise Solutions Architect in Olympia, Washington
Are you a seasoned IT looking for a new opportunity? The Department of Social and Health Services, Enterprise Technology Division is looking for a skilled Enterprise and Solutions Architect who has broad experience translating complex business requirements into technical solutions. The ideal applicant will be one that has demonstrable background and expertise in legacy systems modernization, platform technologies (Iaas, APaaS, PaaS, SaaS, traditional network, etc.). Expertise in developing comprehensive industry recognized architectural artifacts, designs and models are an essential aspect of this position. Exceptional intrapersonal skills in working with customers, and championing their business needs is a vital part of this position.
In this position, you will perform technical leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required to ensure that business solutions support exiting needs, as well as evolve to meet changing technology and business requirements. You will lead technical efforts to develop recommendations to the DSHS Enterprise Architect and DSHS Leadership Team. Your decisions will have long term impacts on the strategic direction for DSHS, external business partners, counties, tribes, and quasi-governmental entities. This is both a leadership and technical role defining and communicating architectural standards and roadmap direction.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Provide an essential role in the architecting of infrastructure(server & storage) and data and voice communications for DSHS
- Identify, communicate, and document how new/upgraded technologies interact, support, and integrate with existing technologies and information systems
- Provide consultation to IT projects and initiatives, review approaches for compliance with platform related architecture components
- Develop, propose, and facilitate the issuance of policies, standards, guidelines, procedures, models, and methodologies to ensure architectural components conform to DSHS Enterprise Architecture model and the State of Washington technology enterprise.
Evaluate new products, document characteristics, and provide recommendation for enterprise operational technologies infrastructure * Here's what we are looking for:*
An Associate's degree or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an information technology or related program
- Six years of consultative, administrative, or supervisory experience in information technology analysis, system maintenance, or troubleshooting/problem resolution experience, or analyzing, designing, or programming computer systems applications or databases
- Familiarity with the PMI Project Management methodology and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) model for IT Service Management desired
- A broad understanding of DSHS technology infrastructure an systems
- High level of expertise in leadership and facilitation of technical workgroups and teams
Strong skills with both written and oral communications Interested Applicants:
Submit an electronic application, ensuring the Supplemental Questionnaire is answered in detail with responses and/or examples
- Attach a resume
- Attach a cover letter
Questions? Contact Christina Sims at firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09270 MB06
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $69,648.00 - $91,332.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA