Washington State Human Resources Consultant Assistant 1 - Non Permanent in Olympia, Washington
The Opportunity: Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) Office of Human Resources and Safety (OHR&S;) in Olympia, WA. is currently looking for a non-permanent Human Resource Consultant Assistant 1. This position is expected to last approximately six months.
As a member of the Headquarters HR Operations Team, the incumbent will work as part of a dynamic group that provides centralized HR operational support statewide. Working both independently and as a member of a professional and fast-paced team, the incumbent performs paraprofessional, technical, and clerical tasks in support of the agency's human resource operations. Responding to inquiries and providing information about human resource rules, policies, regulation or procedures will keep your customer service skills sharp. The top candidates must be able to maintain keen attention-to-detail through a highly repetitive and cyclical workload. Additionally, the incumbent must possess the ability to quickly develop and foster positive working relationships with diverse customer groups.
This position will give you the ability to learn and grow as a member of the Operations Team and give you foundational Human Resource knowledge that can move you through a career in state service. If you are ready for something new, this may be the opportunity you've been waiting for!
The Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) is the steward of a multimodal transportation system and responsible for ensuring that people and goods move safely and efficiently. In addition to building, maintaining, and operating the state highway system consisting of over 18,000 lane miles and 3,600 bridge structures, WSDOT is responsible for the largest ferry system in the nation; owns three Talgo train sets in the Amtrak Cascades fleet; and works in partnership with others to maintain and improve local roads, railroads and airports, as well as to support alternatives to driving, such as public transportation, bicycles and pedestrian programs. Additionally, WSDOT manages the world's widest tunneling project and the world's longest floating bridge. WSDOT's diverse programs and projects are supported by more than 6,800 full-time employees, including engineers, vessel captains, maintenance technicians, environmental specialists, planners, and more. We take pride in our workforce and strive for excellence and integrity in everything we do.
This position will perform the following work:
- Enter and retrieve data from the Human Resource Management System (HRMS), Oracle, or other computerized recordkeeping systems.
- Review documents for completeness and accuracy, and research discrepancies.
- Work independently and as part of a team to ensure the work is completed correctly and on time.
- Manage multiple interruptions while meeting workload deadlines.
- Provide resolution for issues relating to scanning, quality control, validation and workflow processes of Oracle.
- Interact with employees representing all levels of the agency and display professional behavior during those interactions.
An ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Associate's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Experience using a HR management system for personnel/payroll processing.
- Experience working in Human Resources or a related field.
- Pursuing education and career in Human Resources is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated keyboarding and data entry skills.
- The ability to analyze data to ensure documents and data are entered correctly into various HR systems including: Oracle, HRMS, SharePoint, and the Mainframe.
- The ability to complete work accurately and meet tight deadlines.
How to Apply: Applications for this recruitment will only be accepted electronically. Please select the large "apply" button at the top of this announcement for instructions. If you have not previously done so, you will need to create a profile in Washington State's automated tracking system (NeoGov). To be considered for this position you will need to answer any supplemental questions. As part of these questions you will need to provide a letter of interest and resume'. Your letter of interest should clearly explain how your experience, training, and education make you a viable and competitive candidate for this position. Failure to provide respond to the supplemental questions could be grounds for elimination from consideration.
Contact us:For inquiries about this position, please contact Phyllis Gratisat 360.705.7066or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference recruitment number 2016-HQ-147.
The Washington State Department of Transportation is an equal opportunity employer. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of disability, persons over 40 years of age, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans are encouraged to apply. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Office of Human Resources, at 360.705.7042 or email email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-HQ-147
Department: Dept. of Transportation
Closing: 10/23/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $29,820.00 - $38,544.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA