Washington State IT Specialist 4 (71028659) in Olympia, Washington
IT Specialist 4 (71028659)** Full-time, Permanent Olympia, WA
**This is being conducted as an HCA internal recruitment. We are unable to consider external applications at this time
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is Washington's largest health care purchaser, responsible for providing comprehensive health coverage to more than 2 million residents through the Public Employees Benefits and Medicaid programs. The agency provides health purchasing leadership, benefiting both public and private sectors with a focus on moving the health delivery system away from volume toward higher value and better outcomes.
The Olympia office is located in downtown Olympia, within walking distance of shops, restaurants, bus lines, and less than one mile from the freeway.
Position Objective: In support of the ProviderOne system, this position provides expert technical level information technology services to end-users and ProviderOne vendors. This position is independently responsible for system problem identification, business needs and requirements assessment, coordination with vendors, and testing of requested system changes. This position will support existing processes to evaluate and implement system configuration, service requests and/or enhancements to achieve efficiencies and cost savings as directed by the legislature. Specifically as related to formulary development, documentation, configuration, testing, and implementation. This position manages and monitors system configuration, design, testing, and operation of Institutional based HCA programs, to include but not limited to; Kidney Centers, Home Health, Hospice and Hospital DRG/RCC/Per Diem reimbursement to ensure appropriate program policies and procedures (including federal CFR, Washington RCW, WAC, etc.) are consistently applied throughout ProviderOne and its various sub-systems. This position is responsible for conducting system performance analyses; documenting issues; trouble-shooting and identifying system defects; recommending defect corrections; and providing ongoing maintenance activities within the scope of ProviderOne. This position consults with customers from multiple business areas and other experts to gain agreement on resolution of identified system defects; and ensures the effectiveness of resulting outcomes, which are critical to the overall success of the organization. Other responsibilities include system analysis, review of system documentation, creation and execution of test scripts and providing end-user analysis and resolution via help ticket responses.
This position will perform the following work: Duty: Application and Technical Support Tasks include:
- Configuration of ProviderOne Production and UAT (User Acceptance Testing) environment; defining parameters, defining policy in technical terms; rate definitions as well as using Help Desk software and perform Help Desk functions providing phone, ticketing and in-person customer support which includes evaluation of incoming requests for classification and severity, providing real time assistance to system users, and completing service requests.
- Consult on system functionality, features, issues and unresolved system problems. Maintain, modify, configure, and debug for system maintenance in ProviderOne, for which the majority of assigned tasks have wide-area impact, integrate new technology/systems, and/or affect how the mission is accomplished.
Coordinate with other ITS staff to ensure multi-system functionality and programs are operating correctly. Duty: Requirements Development and System Design Tasks include:
Consult on system functionality, features, issues and unresolved system problems.
- Conduct business needs assessments and requirements analysis and development in focused system design/re-design and upgrade sessions with business users; define and document requirements; and coordinate and implement necessary system changes and enhancements to ProviderOne and/or Pharmacy POS.
- Serve as liaison on the development, modification, and upgrade of the ProviderOne application;
- Independently responsible for integrating new design and re-design into general operational processes.
- Participate in workgroups to develop system strategies for the development of new programs and updates to billing instructions and other system functionality.
- Provide technical consultation for evaluation of Decision Packages and brainstorm for upper management.
- Coordinate user/client requirements for computing services
- Coordinate with ProviderOne and/or Pharmacy Point of Sale and other COTS vendors
Required Qualifications: Four years of information technology experience such as consulting, analyzing, designing, programming, installing and/or maintaining computer software applications, hardware, telecommunications, or network infrastructure equipment; directing projects; providing customer or technical support in information technology; or administering staff who performed work in any of these information technology disciplines
Four years of experience with the ProviderOne MMIS payment system
Knowledge of the ProviderOne system or equivalent premier medical provider payment system to include design and development, system documentation, subsystem functionality and requirements
Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle
Four years of experience with vendor management and relationships.
- Experience with developing and running test scripts in the ProviderOne system
- Experience with ticketing systems and their reporting capabilities
- Knowledge of medical, dental, institutional, pharmacy and HIPAA terminology, including a familiarity with medical coding and related reporting codes
- Knowledge and ability to use OTRS and ClearQuest defect tracking tool.
- Knowledge and ability to use the On-line Ticketing Repository System (OTRS), As-One document repository, and SmarterTrack ticketing system
- Advanced knowledge and working proficiency with MS Office Suite Products and SharePoint Please Note the Following: This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE). As a condition of employment, candidates who are appointed are required to either become members of the Union and pay membership dues or, as non-members pay a non-association or a representation fee.
How to Apply: Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To apply for this position you will need to complete your profile within http://careers.wa.gov and attach to your profile before completion:
- A cover letter
- Current resume
- Three professional references Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their State application will be considered.
If you have questions about the process, or need assistance, please contact the recruiter listed below before the posting closes. The candidate pool certified for this recruitment may be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to the next six months.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Ryan Dahlstromat 360-725-0945 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Persons under final consideration for initial appointment with HCA are subject to a background check.
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.0945 or email@example.com.
Job Type: Agency Internal Promotional – Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10663
Department: Health Care Authority
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $57,144.00 - $74,964.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA