Washington State Maintenance Mechanic 2 (MM2 0070) Olympia in Olympia, Washington
This recruitment is open until filled. Applicant review begins on September 29, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
This is a non-permanent position that is expected to last up to, but will not exceed, one year.**
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Maintenance Mechanic 2 (MM2) position. This position is responsible for the movement of office furniture and equipment, inventory control, and operation of a variety of vehicles and equipment. The position is also responsible for office and workstation reconfigurations, modifications and ergonomic adjustments. The incumbent will work closely with the general state surplus to accurately process inventory of surplus property coming in/out of the agency. The position is knowledgeable of a wide variety of office cubicles and furniture, involving the repair of, reconfiguration, and modification of panel systems.
- Reading and interpreting building floor plans, including furniture layout and electrical/data/voice plans and make decisions in the field in consultation with facilities planner(s) that may deviate from the approved floor plans.
- Performs office moves and reconfigurations statewide. Works with a wide variety of office cubicles and furniture to include repairing, reconfigurations, and panel systems modifications.
- Works with facility blueprints, cubicle floor plans, and computer-aided drafting (CAD) drawings to effectively and efficiently install a wide variety of office panel and furniture systems.
- Works within the direction of the Distribution Center Supervisor and the Facilities Senior Planner, in conjunction with other planners such as telecommunications and contracted electricians to reconfigure ESD facilities statewide.
- Operate agency owned and leased trucks, vans and vehicles statewide as necessary, in a safe manner, to perform the duties of the ESD Distribution Center and its functions.
- Uses computer based programs on a daily basis including MS Word, Excel, Access, and web based programs.
- Inventory control, advertising, and charge back functions.
- Operate forklifts, hand trucks, and other hand and power tools in a safe manner as needed to perform tasks required in the operation and maintenance of the ESD warehouse.
- Moves or reconfigurations of facilities statewide. Completes proper forms for shipping, receiving, issuing, physical inventories, and warehousing of surplus property.
- Removes and delivers excess surplus, furniture and equipment to or from ESD facilities statewide to maintain an uncluttered and safe working environment for ESD offices.
- Perform and ensure a high level of accountability in inventory control of receiving issuing, transferring, advertising, disposing and storing of excess surplus furniture and equipment in the operations of Asset Management and the ESD Warehouse using an automated inventory control system.
- Perform duties involved in maintenance arrangement, and cleanliness of the warehouse and its equipment. Qualifications
- Knowledge of basic maintenance skills, inventory controls, safe truck and forklift operation, office panel systems, customer service, and communications skills.
- Computer knowledge of basic programs including, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word and web based programs.
- Knowledge of warehousing, stock keeping, shipping, or receiving, and operation of material handling equipment.
- Ability to maintain a high level of knowledge of current and prior office furniture systems being used.
Knowledge of office modular systems, the ability to read blueprints and CAD drawings. Conditions of employment:
Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Obtain a forklift operator's certification. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing.
Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Non-Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09897
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $44,652.00 - $50,496.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA