Washington State Medical Assistance Specialist 4 (70128314) in Olympia, Washington
Medical Assistance Specialist 4 (70128314)** Full-time, Permanent Olympia, WA
*This position is open to current HCA internal employees only. External applicants will not be considered at this time. *
The Health Care Authority (HCA) is Washington's largest health care purchaser, responsible for providing comprehensive health coverage to more than 2 million residents through the Public Employees Benefits and Medicaid programs. The agency provides health purchasing leadership, benefiting both public and private sectors with a focus on moving the health delivery system away from volume toward higher value and better outcomes.
The Olympia office is located in downtown Olympia, within walking distance of shops, restaurants, bus lines, and less than one mile from the freeway.
Position Objective: This position is located in the Health Care Authority (HCA) as part of the Medical Assistance Customer Service Center (MACSC) and reports to the Training Manager.
This position serves in a call center environment as a designated trainer to MACSC staff. Identifies training requirements, tutors newly trained and current staff on telephone equipment and call center procedures: ProviderOne (P1), SIEBEL, ACES, Point of Sale (POS), claims payment processes and Medicaid program policies and procedures. Provides subject matter assistance to call center staff as well as for Medicaid managed care plans. Provides subject matter assistance to call center staff as well as physicians, Medicaid billers, and other authorized vendors dealing with complex Medicaid billing concerns.
This position will perform the following work:
- Identifies training opportunities, develops training plans and curriculum, and delivers training to newly hired and existing Medical Assistance Specialists (MAS) and MACSC staff. Serves as a designated trainer and specialist in a call center environment dealing with provider and client concerns.
- Present, guide/drive, and/or support in skill trainings, huddles, and lectures
- Provides essential training for new and current staff on HCA's provider and client processes and procedures.
- Serves on special project assignments as needed to develop modifications to management of call center procedures.
- Provides instruction, assistance and training to new and current call center staff on screening, program eligibility, scope of care, and client and providers' rights.
- Seek methods to streamline policies and procedures to enhance MACSC customer service
- Plans, develops and maintains the information on the electronic desk manual accessed by MACSC and other HCA staff.
- Digitally documents and/or updates all processes followed in MACSC involving how calls are handled for both clients and providers.
- Researches and identifies workflow and system problems; recommending and implementing new/revised procedures and monitors ongoing system operations.
- Monitor and review trainees to confirm they understand and retain material trained
- Serves as a quality assurance monitor for call center staff.
- Provides lower level staff clarification and guidance while dealing with complex and difficult customer calls.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and two years of experience providing direct client service or customer counseling in areas of health care and insurance, disabilities, and/or other related health care benefits; health insurance premiums; claims processing, adjudication and investigation; or other health care related experiences.
One year as Medical Assistance Specialist 3.
Experience providing direct client service or counseling of customers in areas of health care insurance and benefits, claims processing, adjudication, and investigation, and/or other medical premiums/claims related experience will substitute year for year for required education.
- Proficient in the use of P1, SIEBEL, Word.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Individual, small group, and/or group presentations. How to Apply: Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To apply for this position you will need to complete your profile within http://careers.wa.gov and attach to your profile before completion:
A cover letter
- Current resume
- Three professional references Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their State application will be considered.
If you have questions about the process, or need assistance, please contact the recruiter listed below before the posting closes. The candidate pool certified for this recruitment may be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to the next six months.
For inquiries about this position, please contact Ryan Dahlstromat 360-725-0945 or email to email@example.com.
**Persons under final consideration for initial appointment with HCA are subject to a background check.
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.725.0945 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Agency Internal Promotional – Permanent
Job Number: 2016-08070
Department: Health Care Authority
Closing: 10/25/2016 12:00 AM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $38,544.00 - $50,496.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA