Washington State Oracle PeopleSoft (HCM) Report Developer in Olympia, Washington
Visit our jobs page for the complete job description http://www.sbctc.edu/about/jobs/default.aspx
Recruitment and screening of applications will be ongoing until the position is filled. However, to ensure full consideration, please return completed materials by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date listed above. Please note:Agency hiring authorities reserve the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision prior to the conclusion of the recruitment process.
The State Board for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) seeks an Oracle PeopleSoft Report Developer, specializing in the area of HCM (Human Capital Management), to join its Data Services Division. The position will develop and maintain PeopleSoft queries and reports in support of the operational business needs of the community and technical colleges.
The position will deliver user-facing functional support of the PeopleSoft suite reporting tools to the business end-users in the college system and agency. The Report Developer will conduct analysis on report requests and work directly with end-users, SBCTC staff and project consultants regarding data needs; work within the SBCTC Web HelpDesk ticketing system to update and manage assigned tickets (report requests) to resolution; and develop and maintain supporting documentation.
This position requires the ability to understand complex reporting needs, research solutions for user issues, and provide working, hands-on knowledge and support to users unfamiliar with the tools; as well as strong written, planning, and verbal communication skills, paired with a strong data and reporting background.
- Provides complex reporting and business intelligence tool expertise to support college users.
- Document and resolve incidents and problems related to data, reporting and business intelligence tools. Supports college users by providing resolution to these issues and related questions.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with business users of the reporting and business intelligence tools.
- Participates in the deployment of reporting and business intelligence tools.
- Provides solutions and best practice advice to colleges related to reporting and BI (business intelligence).
- Identify business process improvement opportunities within the application as it relates to data and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Two or more years Oracle PeopleSoft PS Query experience or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to understand and communicate complex technical and functional concepts to various business user groups.
Interested candidates should e-mailthe following items directly to email@example.com:
- Letter of interestspecifically addressing the required qualifications above.
- Detailed résumé of all educational and professional experience that demonstrates how you meet the qualifications.
- And a list of three professional references with contact information. References are typically contacted after interviews.
Although e-mail is preferred, you may submit your application materials via fax (360-704-4415) or mail (Attn: Christine Salvador, Human Resource Consultant, 1300 Quince St SE, Olympia, WA 98504). Contact Christine at (360) 704-4305 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Submitted applications are the property of SBCTC and will not be returned.
- Make sure you clearly indicate the position you are applying for in your letter of interest and within your e-mail and/or subject line– suggested format of the subject line: Last name, First name – Position Title.
- Include your name, current phone number and e-mail on the* first page* of each document you submit.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
SBCTC supports Executive Order 13-01 Veterans Transition Support and is an equal opportunity employer. SBCTC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Applicants needing accommodation in the application process or an alternative format of this announcement may contact the Human Resources Office at (360) 704-4301. A TDD relay service is available by dialing (800) 833-6388 or voice (800) 833-6384.
Job Type: Exempt
Job Number: 2016-36
Department: Board for Community and Technical Colleges
Closing: 11/7/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $72,100.08 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA