Washington State PRFT Fuel Tax Manager (WMS2) in Olympia, Washington
The Administrator of the Department of Licensing's (DOL) Prorate and Fuel Tax (PRFT) Services program is looking for a Fuel Tax Manager that can be responsible for the statewide regulation of fuel tax laws and manages the collection of fuel tax revenues for the state.
The Fuel Tax Manager leads and manages the Fuel Tax and Refund Unit in collection of over $1.2 billion of fuel taxes; establishing the statewide fuel tax collection and refund policies and procedures consistent with legislative intent and statutory authority. Policies will directly impact the fuel tax structure of this state.
The PRFT Services Program is looking for that skilled professional to join the team. The scope of this position includes regulatory and tax collection support impacting fuel tax licensees, refund claimants, other state and federal agencies, and PRFT employees.
Further, the Fuel Tax Manager is responsible for establishing the statewide fuel tax collection and refund policies and procedures consistent with business and system improvements, legislative intent, and statutory authority. Policies will directly impact the fuel tax structure of this state. This position is responsible for overseeing the collection of taxes; reconciliation of fuel tax returns; issuing fuel tax refunds; issuing tax assessments; fuel tax licensing, cancelation, and revocation; administering the refund and audit requirement of tribal agreements; and providing technical expertise, direction and guidance to senior level decision makers regarding compliance with national and state regulations and fuel tax revenue collections.
DOL impacts more citizens directly than any other state agency. With a strong commitment to great service, we advance public safety and consumer protection through licensing, regulation and education, and we collect revenue that supports our state's transportation system.
Here at DOL,we are spearheading efforts to build a culture where employees are:
- Excited to come to work
- Valued for their skills and talents
- Included in process improvements that impact their work
- Trusted to make decisions
- Empowered to fix what bugs them
- Creating more value for our customers
- Helping build trust in government Check out our website and see what we have to say about our Culture and Diversity*!*
Do you have? (Required qualifications)
- Extensive demonstrated managerial experience in leading programs and managing staff.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of leadership skills and change management principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and productively with employees and stakeholders on projects, day-to-day operations and initiatives while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in the development, interpretation and application of policies or procedures.
- Excellent organization skills for maintenance of records and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems in operational areas, negotiation skills, human resources, and staff performance accountability.
Strong written and oral communication skills. An ideal candidate will also have (preferred qualifications):
Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, accounting, or other related field.
- Extensive experience managing a licensing or regulatory program and effectively collaborating with staff, the public, and stakeholders.
- Experience managing and supervising the work of others in tax administration, accounting or auditing .
- Experience in licensing, regulatory, or revenue collection services.
- Experience working with collective bargaining units. Supplemental Information
Applicant screening for this position will begin seven days after the posting of this announcement*. The hiring authority reserves the right and may exercise the option to make a hiring decision at any time. It will be to the applicants' advantage to submit materials as soon as possible.*
PLEASE NOTE: To take advantage of veteran's preference, please do the following:
- Email DD214 (Member 4 copy), NGB 22 or signed verification of service letter from USDVA
- Use a subject line of "PRFT Mgr".
- Include your name in the message as it appears on the application you submitted through the careers.wa.gov system.
- Send to HrRecruit@dol.wa.gov
The candidate pool certified from this recruitment may be used to fill future similar vacancies for up to six months.
How to Apply: Failure to follow the application instructions below may lead to disqualification. To be considered for this vacancy, please select the large Apply button at the top of this job announcement. If you haven't already done so, you will need to create an applicant profile and include the following information:
- A letter of interest clearly addressing your interest in the specific position and demonstrating attention to detail.
- Your chronological résumé depicting work experience and/or education.
- A list of at least 3 professional references including names, professional titles, and current phone numbers. Only candidates who reflect the minimum qualifications on their State application will be considered.
If you have questions about the process, or need assistance, please contact the recruiter listed below before the posting closes. Contact us: For inquiries about this position, please contact Lonnie Spikesat 360-902-4066 or email lspikes@DOL.WA.GOV*.* Please reference recruitment number 16-143.
**Persons under final consideration for initial appointment with DOL are subject to a background check.
Washington State is an equal opportunity employer (we hire anyone who meets qualifications!). Persons with disabilities needing assistance in the application process, or those needing this job announcement in an alternative format may call the Human Resources Office at 360.902.4000 or email@example.com.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 16-252
Department: Dept. of Licensing
Closing: 10/24/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $75,000.00 - $85,000.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA