Washington State Social and Health Program Consultant 2 in Olympia, Washington
Are you a professional and motivated leader? Join a team that is making positive changes.
In an organization responsible for determining eligibility for federal and state funded public assistance programs, you will assist in the management of one or more State programs. You will work within Food Programs and Policy, on the Resources to Initiate Successful Employment (RISE) project. You will act as a liaison between DSHS and Contractors. This is a project position that is temporary through December 2018.
Some of what you will do:
- Serve as liaison between DSHS staff, RISE contractors, BFET contractors, and community partners providing programmatic information and program policy clarification.
- Represent DSHS at local partner meetings; organize and conduct meetings and presentations with DSHS organizations and departmental personnel to promote RISE services. Develop strong collaborative relationships amongst providers to ensure successful execution and delivery of services.
- Coordinate monthly onsite visits, train, and coach RISE contractors in the completion of reports and other required program elements. Facilitate and plan meetings and workgroups.
- Participate in developing and implementing training curriculum, procedures, and policies to increase program efficacy.
- Ensure program integrity by assisting in annual monitoring of contractors promoting best practices and ensuring contractual compliance.
- Review, analyze and evaluate pilot program data and reports assuring appropriate enrollment in RISE activities and accurate allocation of participant reimbursement dollars.
- Review and confirm eligibility for basic food assistance and working connections child care; resolve issues and correct program denials regarding program eligibility.
Provide consultation and coordination for strategic planning and lead or participate in strategy workgroups. Desired Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of: State and Federal policies and regulations related to social, financial and health programs; principles and practices of program planning and evaluation; current social and economic problems related to clientele; principles of community organization and public administration; program consultation, development, contract development, monitoring and negotiations.
- Knowledge and experience within the Basic Food Employment and Training (BFET) program is preferred.
- Ability to effectively read and navigate through ACES, ACES.Online, eJAS, and BarCode programs.
- Ability to: develop and evaluate programs; work effectively with program staff and local agencies; analyze and resolve complex problems related to social, financial or health programs; communicate effectively with others; write clearly and effectively.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with management, peers, clients, and the public as required to carry out the assigned duties of the position.
- One year of experience in the management of or development of community based resource programs, or direct service delivery including community outreach, community resource problem-solving for clients or development of social services programs.
- One year of experience organizing and conducting meetings, presentations, trainings and/or workshops to community-based organizations and/or local government.
- Ability to work as a team achieving program goals through the vision of E&T.;
Here's what we're looking for:
One year of experience as a Social and Health Program Consultant 1 OR
Two years as a Financial Services Specialist 3 or 4 OR
A Master's degree or higher in social work, health or social science, public administration or a related field, and one year of professional experience in planning, administering, developing, or delivering social, financial, health or chemical dependency treatment services programs. OR
A Bachelor's degree in social work, a health or social science, public administration or a related field; and two years of professional experience in planning, administering, developing, or delivering social, financial, health, or chemical dependency treatment services programs.
Interested Applicants Note: A degree in Social Work must be from an educational program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
Note: Statewide travel is required, and may include some out-of-state travel, to conduct business, or attend/provide training.
This position is located in Yakima County and reports to the Community Services Division Headquarters office on Pear Street in Olympia, Washington.
Apply today for job 10236 and provide a complete application specifying your work experience, and:
- A Cover letter;
- Writing sample;
- A current chronological resume;
- Three professional references that include current contact information. For questions about this opportunity, contact Lynette Ryder at 360-829-4956 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Supplemental Information
Some jobs may require full criminal background check. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact a Recruiter at (360) 829-4659. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
Job Type: Project (limited duration)
Job Number: 2016-10236 YZ52
Department: Dept. of Social and Health Services
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $3,721.00 - $4,879.00 Monthly
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA