Washington State Workforce Initiatives Manager (MA5 TBD) Olympia in Olympia, Washington
This recruitment is open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 27, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Workforce Initiatives Manager (MA5) position. This position leads the division's work to design and implement an efficient, consistent, and predictable system for receiving funding requests, negotiating statements of work, and reviewing performance and deliverables with system partners that receive Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) funding through ESD. This work includes funding sources such as the Sector Partnership National Emergency Grant (NEG), Job Driven NEG, YouthWorks initiative, Integrated Service Delivery initiative, Rapid Response, Workforce Training & Education Coordinating Board (WTECB) contracts for WIOA implementation, and other initiatives, and assists in identification and replication of successful practices to increase customer outcomes in WorkSource and the workforce development system. This position will travel inside and outside of the state for meetings and/or training.
- Lead Workforce Initiative's design and implementation of an efficient, consistent, and predictable system for receiving funding requests, negotiating statements of work, and reviewing performance and deliverables with system partners that receive WIOA funding through ESD, in coordination with internal and external partners.
- Lead development and implementation, in partnership with ESD and partner organization experts, of a paperless online automated system for funding application, statement of work design, and quarterly reporting and review, as well as standardization and simplification of the current paper-based system until the automated system is available.
- Arrange for peer-to-peer learning and replication among local implementers to increase outcomes statewide.
- Seek additional and diversified funding to grow successful initiatives, in partnership with grant writers and other team-members.
- Target any new resources identified to maximize impact and outcomes for customers.
- Advise division and agency leadership regarding recapture and redistribution if implementers fail to successfully meet outcome goals.
- Lead and participate in process improvement teams and develop and implement process improvements.
- Analyze and assist management in developing performance goals and metrics within assigned projects; advise and develop performance analysis strategies.
- Travel inside and outside of the state for meetings and/or training.
- Develop and structure processes to align with policies and make recommendations to management.
- Advise on next steps to continually improve workforce initiatives and operations.
- Set and maintain or assist with project schedules.
- Coordinate or assist with activities across multiple programs, functions, partners and/or departments/divisions.
- Oversee or assist with multiple concurrent projects.
- Develop or assist with scope, methodology and timetables for project completion.
- Facilitate productive interactions between team members.
- Gather and analyze information on operations and performance from multiple sources and experts, analyze complex data, develop concise analytical conclusions and make recommendations based on findings.
- Evaluate business processes and recommend process improvements. Qualifications
- Working-level project management skill – application of project management methods, tools and competencies.
- Mastery-level analytical skill – use logic and reasoning to assess information, form logical conclusions, evaluate options, and make decisions or recommendations.
- Awareness-level knowledge of mathematics.
Mastery-level writing skill – convey information in writing according to the needs of the audience. Additional requirements:
Demonstrated knowledge of workforce initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work with organizations such as Workforce Development Councils, state Workforce Boards, WorkSource offices.
Demonstrated knowledge of data and visual management tools. Condition of employment:
Ability to travel inside and outside of the state for meetings and/or training. Supplemental Information
Attach a resume and letter of interest to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field).
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Applications with comments such as "see attachments" or "N/A" in the supplemental question responses will be considered incomplete.
General suggestions for creating a good application packet:
- Read the job posting very carefully. Find out as much as you can about the position.
- Make sure you are very diligent in following all the application instructions. Include all requested documentation.
- Make sure your application and supplemental question responses address how you meet each of the required and desired qualifications.
- Carefully read each of the supplemental questions and respond completely to each one. Pay careful attention to each component of the question, providing examples, and thoroughly describing when and where you achieved the proficiency level, and detail the types of work you performed, the work products, etc., to demonstrate 'how'.
- Specifically include all of your work experiences doing the same or similar work, especially if you reference work in these jobs in describing when/where you gained proficiency level skills.
- Make sure your application reflects your best writing. Other Information As a condition of employment, the successful candidate accepting this position must comply with the Union Security clause contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the State of Washington and the Washington Federation of State Employees.
For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-09416
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $55,728.00 - $73,140.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA