Washington State Workforce System Monitor (WMS1 6373W) Olympia in Olympia, Washington
**This recruitment is open until filled. Applicant review begins on October 31, 2016. The hiring authority reserves the right to make a hiring decision at any time.
This is a Washington Management Service (WMS) Band 1 employment opportunity.**
Employment Security Department (ESD) is recruiting for a Workforce System Monitor. This position reports to the Director of Workforce Monitoring. This unit serves as ESD's principal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) and Trade and Adjustment Assistance Act (TAA) monitor and performs both regular monitoring of the agency's oversight and grants administration process and annual onsite monitoring of each local Workforce Development Board (LWDB) and other direct sub recipients. The unit serves to ensure all federal and state funds contracted for workforce services to LWDBs are spent consistent with state, federal and local laws, rules and requirements.
- Build collaborative working relationships with sub recipient leaders, including assigned LWDB Executive Directors and their staff.
- Develop and implement a monitoring plan that meets U.S. Department of Labor (USDOL) and State requirements and reflects any critical monitoring issues and/or risks identified by the USDOL, Office of Inspector General (OIG), State Auditor's Office (SAO) or the agency.
- Perform WIOA and TAA monitoring.
- Draft final monitoring reports, management letters and working papers.
- Work with those monitored to provide technical assistance to facilitate understanding of findings, comprehensive responses and corrective action plans, and validate implementation of corrective actions.
- Track and report noncompliance findings separately from recommended changes and maintain consistent and clear distinction between these two categories.
- Provide advice and guidance on the design and implementation of control processes and workforce programs serving employers and job seekers in Washington State.
- Perform extensive analysis of complex business processes and related financial, compliance, and legal/policy matters and make recommendations and provide technical assistance to all levels of stakeholders based upon the assessment. Qualifications
Required education and experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, business administration, public administration or related field of study.
A minimum of 3 years of experience with LWDB's or WorkSource business operations, including substantive knowledge of workforce training and employment programs, budget development, contract management, and human resources management; OR a minimum of 3 years of experience of full-time professional financial experience including auditing for federal, state or local governments. Preferred/desired education, experience, and competencies:
Demonstrated ability in federal and state financial accounting/auditing requirements.
- Knowledge and training in investigative standards and techniques including effective interviewing techniques and effective negotiation skills.
- Any of the following active certifications: Washington State Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), and/or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- An advanced degree such as a Master's in Public/Business Administration or a related field.
- Completion of 18 semester or 30 quarter hours of accounting and/or auditing and program evaluation. Supplemental Information
Attach the following documents to your on-line application (through the Add Attachment(s) field):
- Letter of interest describing how you meet the requirements of the position
A resume will not substitute for the "work experience" section of the application.
Other Information For inquiries about this opportunity, please contact the Recruitment Team at 360-902-9560 or HRRecruiting@esd.wa.gov.
Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the application process or needing this job announcement in an alternate format should provide their contact information via e-mail or telephone.
Employment Security Department is an equal-opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Washington Relay Service–711.
If you are having technical difficulties creating, accessing or completing your application, please contact email@example.com or (360) 664-1960 or toll free (877) 664-1960.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-10594
Department: Employment Security Department
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $55,320.00 - $77,436.00 Annually
Location: Thurston County – Olympia, WA