Catholic Charities of Omaha Behavioral Health Tech - Adolescent Svcs in Omaha, Nebraska
To assist and provide support for clients in meeting their daily needs in a healthy and safe manner. To monitor clients physical, social and behavioral needs and collaborate with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that the initiation of appropriate interventions and support are provided.
Essential Job Functions:
- Able to assess client functions and report changes to the team.
- Follows through with interventions listed on the client’s treatment plan.
- Provides/facilitates education/support for clients in one-on-one or class setting.
- Consistently follows and assists clients in following the program structures and schedule.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- *Reliable attendance is an on-going essential job function.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of/ability to learn addictions/mental health recovery /domestic violence models and approaches, group facilitation, strengths perspective, and rehab service approaches also required.
- Skills in: organizational, interpersonal relations, verbal and written communications.
- Computer proficiency including MS word, excel, power point, outlook.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with detail and accuracy, and to work a diverse client population.
- Ability to make decisions in emergency situations and the absence of supervisor.
- Knowledge of local community resources is helpful as well;
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in psychology, sociology, or related human service field and one year experience in the field -OR-
- Two years course work in the human services field and two years experience/training with demonstrated skills and competencies in treatment of clients with mental illness.
- CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain within first 3 months of employment.
- Valid Nebraska Driver's License and Insurability.
Requisition Number: 16-0003
Post Date: 1/4/2016
Title: Behavioral Health Tech - Adolescent Svcs
Schedule Comments: Multiple Schedules Available: 16 hours/week Every Wed 2:30pm-10:30pm and every other weekend (Sat & Sun) 6:30am-2:30pm16 hours/week 10:30pm-6:30am40 hours/week 2:30pm-10:30pm Rotating weekdays and every other weekend40 hours/week 10:30pm-6:30amFloat Position - flexible schedule. Float staff are required to commit to 8 shifts per month, with 2 of those shifts being a weekend shift.