First National Bank Director, Savings Plans Marketing in Omaha, Nebraska
JobTitle: Director, Savings Plans Marketing
Date Posted: 09/13/2016
Department: Capital Markets
Location: Omaha - First National Bank (Main Bank)
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Posting Category: Professional
External Posting Code:
Responsible for developing and implementing overall vision and strategic long-term marketing plan for the NEST Direct and NEST Advisor College Savings Plans and the Enable Savings Plan within the Savings Plan Group in the Wealth Management Division. Responsible for development and implementation of integrated communications, strategies and tactics that deliver the best impact on prospects and account owners while maintaining each plan's brand, image and voice. Ensure cohesive plans are developed and implemented across all channels and within the annual and long-term college savings business plan. Position will report to Managing Director, Savings Plans. Position is responsible to determine the resources needed to meet objectives, including establishing the roles and expectations that relate to implementation of the plan and overall attainment of marketing objectives. This Position will liaison to First National's corporate marketing group and outside service vendors.
- Marketing Management: Develop a clear plan of action for utilizing internal FNNI and vendor resources, have a solid understanding of the business, influence others to create commitment and action, and make informed decisions.
·Planning & Strategy - Develop a clear vision and plan of action for marketing initiatives and integrating initiatives with business and sales strategies based upon current and future goals (short and/or long term).
· Business Acumen - Understand the business, organization, and competition; shares their knowledge with team members.
·Influence - Influence sales and outreach staff and, as appropriate, other marketing staff throughout First National, to create commitment and action.
· Making Decisions - Make decisions that are informed, timely, logical, and risk controlled. Analyze and take ownership of outcomes and make appropriate adjustments for the future.
- Strategic Marketing Plan Development: In partnership with Managing Director and with consultation with savings team members, develop a comprehensive strategic marketing plan for college savings which meets the goals and objectives of the overall business plan. The Marketing Officer shall provide visionary leadership in the development of the plan, utilizing his/her talents and experience to deliver a comprehensive and effective approach to fostering the image and brand identity of college savings in the target markets,.
· Both an Annual Plan and a long-term plan shall be developed. An Annual Plan must be presented to and approved by the Nebraska State Treasurer based on contract-required timelines.
·An internal strategic marketing plan shall define the overall strategy for the business as a whole as well as for each target audience and delivery channel, the direction and timeline for implementation.
· Action items shall be prioritized, resource requirements identified, and cost estimates included for budgeting purposes.
· Identify customer acquisition targets, financial performance targets and sales targets. Validate results of marketing plan through surveys and data analyses. For each campaign, create, monitor and report on performance metrics and goals.
·Keep abreast of industry best practices and tactics, keep repository of resource materials, and continuously seek ways to improve marketing efforts.
- Marketing Oversight for NEST Plans that are not distributed by First National: First National is required to review and approve all marketing materials for other Nebraska-issued college saving plans.
·Review marketing materials in a timely fashion and makes recommendations for approval or changes to the Managing Director, Savings Plans.
·Review and comments on other distributors' marketing plans and actual results if improvements are required.
- Development and Implementation of Marketing Efforts: Work collaboratively to ensure implementation of marketing activities, effectively identifying and leveraging, where applicable, the talents of other First National Bank departments and personnel. Business development and marketing activities include:
·Event and promotional activities designed to generate new business leads, including advertising, hosting educational seminars and client appreciation events, participation in trade shows/events/sponsorships, communications and public relations, market research, and integrating, where appropriate, other promotional efforts being conducted by First National Bank.
· Oversee development of both innovative and contract-required college savings market campaigns, sales tools, and materials to ensure consistency, professionalism and current information and appearance. Manage all aspects of campaigns including development, writing, implementation, execution and management of the workflow of outsourced vendors and in-house resources on time and within budget. Create marketing brochures, materials, newsletters, seminars, mail documents, email marketing initiatives and other methods of marketing and implementing campaign strategies for NEST plans. Accountable to understand how clients' investment decisions and ensuring tactics meet that understanding.
· Responsible for all media-related strategies, messages and implementation including digital advertising, radio, TV, newspapers, magazines and web ensuring appropriate targets, timing and adjusting based on measurable results.
·Develop, manage and implement publicity and messaging strategy for both Nebraska and national audiences. Responsible for press release content, timing and obtaining approvals.
· Responsible for NEST and Enable websites and social media (updates, content management, maintenance) and content on the FNB external websites and Intranet. Specifically ensure identification and implementation of web and social media strategy, integration of marketing strategy, ensuring NEST websites are best in class, and ensure timely and accurate updates as needed.
·Perform ongoing market research as well as analyses, market trends, competitive landscape reviews and evaluations of client feedback to determine future campaigns and strategies.
· Develop and maintain both internal and external partnerships that will result in collaborative business development opportunities in the markets we serve and desire to serve, while ensuring the consistent presentation of the brands and preserving the continuity of its overall strategic marketing plan.
· Develop efficient and effective marketing efforts while managing expenses to ensure that the marketing budget is not exceeded.
Evaluation of Service Levels: . Develop metrics for the purpose of evaluating the effectiveness of the strategic marketing plan, so that it can be continually refined and improved and so that target audiences can be validated and future strategies improved. Ensure metric results can be obtained and work with others to gather data; report on actual results. Work with others to develop post-campaign effectiveness analyses. Incorporate results of surveys and customer feedback into campaigns and strategies.
Liaison/Vendor Management: Assume vendor management responsibilities for the Ascensus marketing group and outside advertising firms and other consultants to ensure that objectives are met and projects are produced on time, within budget and of a high quality. Coordinate materials that need to be used by Ascensus to ensure appropriate formats are used and that Ascensus has the materials they need in an agreed-to timeframe
· Oversight of Ascensus to ensure websites are updated on time and with high quality.
· Liaison to State Treasurer's Office for marketing efforts and required approvals
· Liaison to FNBO-wide marketing and promotional teams, including First National Corporate Marketing,
- Coordination/Logistics: Ensure specific tactical implementation responsibilities are completed in a professional manner and on time
· Event and sponsorship coordination and logistics
· Recruit and coordinate volunteers
· Maintain electronic files and folders for all marketing materials/collateral
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, journalism or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience required
Minimum 7 years business experience in marketing position, with emphasis with at least 3 years in strategic design and delivery of overall marketing strategy
Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical implementation of marketing efforts such as being in a marketing operations role
Demonstrated experience in social media and web marketing
Demonstrated experience in event planning and management
Management level experience in leading a team or vendor to deliver expected results through effective feedback, coaching and role development
Ability to effectively interface with senior management
Excellent, demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to multi-task
Demonstrated ability to measure results of marketing efforts
Specific experienced tied to financial services industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO Is The Law' Self-Print Poster: https://firstnational.igreentree.com/CSSInternal/EEOCDocs/eeocposter.pdf
Click here to download 'EEO Is The Law' Supplemental: https://firstnational.igreentree.com/CSSInternal/EEOCDocs/eeocsupplement.pdf