First National Bank Issue Resolution Management Intern in Omaha, Nebraska
JobTitle: Issue Resolution Management Intern
Date Posted: 09/21/2016
Location: Omaha - First National Tower
Schedule: Mon - Fri 8-5
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Posting Category: Interns & Management Trainees
External Posting Code: CB
First National Bank is searching for an Issue Resolution Management Intern. This position is responsible for providing support to the FNBO Issue Resolution Manager in the Corporate Compliance department. The Issue Resolution Management Intern will interact with peers both within Corporate Compliance and across the enterprise and will develop an understanding of applicable laws and regulations to assist in evaluating and researching potential escalated issues for discussion and review.
Escalated Issues Research: Provide support to the Corporate Compliance department by assisting in the review and research of escalated potential issues. Review escalated potential issues and their facts to determine impact to the Bank's compliance with applicable laws and regulations, such as Regulation Z, FCRA or UDAAP.
Support Corporate Compliance: Provide support to Corporate Compliance by facilitating the Issue Resolution Management Standards across the enterprise.
· Ask questions about bank processes to increase understanding and assist in identifying compliance concerns.
· Assist, as needed, to support working group or other meetings.
- Develop Regulatory Compliance Knowledge: Provide support to Issue Resolution Management, by developing knowledge of banking consumer protection laws, regulations and industry best practices.
· Participate in compliance training and review industry guidance to develop and general knowledge of regulatory landscape and an awareness and understanding of emerging compliance issues.
· Use general business knowledge to ask appropriate questions about potential regulatory compliance concerns.
· Draft summary of compliance research and analysis on escalated potential issues
- Compliance: Understand and comply with bank policy, laws, regulations, and the bank's BSA/AML Program, as applicable to your job duties.
· Complete compliance training and adhere to internal procedures and controls, as required.
· Report any suspicious customer and/or account activity and any known violations of compliance policy, laws, or regulations.
Ability to work Part time for duration of Fall and Spring semester, with possibility of extended position.
Professionalism/Attendance: Exhibit professional behavior and promote positive working relationships. Maintain regular and predictable attendance in alignment with departmental/divisional policy.
· Junior or Senior pursuing an undergraduate degree or graduate student with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
· Proven ability to independently research and comprehend, extract and utilize information from data, regulations and standards
· Excellent organization, time management and attention-to-detail abilities
· Strong interpersonal, analytical and writing skills
· Knowledge and experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click here to download 'EEO Is The Law' Self-Print Poster: https://firstnational.igreentree.com/CSSInternal/EEOCDocs/eeocposter.pdf
Click here to download 'EEO Is The Law' Supplemental: https://firstnational.igreentree.com/CSSInternal/EEOCDocs/eeocsupplement.pdf