HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Supervisor, Facilities Management in Orange Park, Florida
Orange Park Medical Center is a full-service regional tertiary facility serving Clay County and it's surrounding communities. As part of the HCA family, the largest healthcare provider in the world, Orange Park Medical Center provides the opportunity to develop your career along side more than 1,500 team members and 750 physicians on staff. Specializing in advanced robotics, open heart, maternity/delivery, pediatric and adult services and a dozen other major service lines, Orange Park Medical Center is the provider of choice in northeast Florida for patients, staff and physicians alike.
We are looking for a new Supervisory of Facilities Management to, under the direct supervision of the Facilities Manager, repair and maintain equipment in area of responsibility to include preventive maintenance, performance inspections and adjustments and to perform other duties as assigned in compliance with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the Engineering Department and Orange Park medical Center. Other duties and responsibilities include:
* Responsibility for adhering to the HCA Corporate Compliance Plan, to the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
* Possessing strong leadership and team building skills.
* Making sound decisions and using good judgment in coordinating daily maintenance and repair activities.
* Responsibility for assigning and coordinating daily maintenance activities.
* Assisting maintenance staff in procuring supplies and equipment.
* Working knowledge of TJC, AHCA,NFPA, and OSHA standards for healthcare facilities.
1) Individual responds promptly to all calls for emergency repairs. Takes care of any duty assignments that may arise in an emergency situation. Is available for on call. Responds to any hazards and / or emergency situations as the situation requires; maintains universal precautions.
2) Repairs and maintains equipment in a skilled trade area. Diagnosis and repair system malfunctions on all plant equipment. Repairs equipment outside of skilled trade area as assigned. Must be available to respond to emergencies (hurricanes, fires, etc.) and remain until the emergency is over.
3) Schedules and performs preventative maintenance according to procedure . Performs and documents scheduled inspections and safety tests, maintaining code compliance. Performs major overhauls and rebuilds. Maintains equipment at optimum efficiency using accepted procedures.
4) Maintains complete and accurate records of all maintenance and repairs. Maintains record ensuring compliance with TJC, Federal, State and Local regulations and standards. Responsible for keeping current on maintenance logs. Participates in Performance improvement programs.
5) Monitors work performed by outside contractors to insure requirements are met and results are documented properly. Reports any hazardous situations to appropriate personnel. Reports any needed repairs to appropriate personnel. Reports all relevant issues to the supervisor in a timely and accurate manner.
6) Ensures that tool cart is locked at all times when not attended. Maintains a clean and safe environment around work area at all times.
7) Is responsible for keeping current on new developments in the area of plant operations. Attends all departmental in-services as scheduled, actively plans and contributes to the department activities as requested. Attends education programs and seminars as needed.
8) Required to train/in-service employees on equipment usage/methods as necessary. Must be able to explain standard operating procedures to other team members.
Required Education: Required License/Certification: Required Experience: High school diploma. Current valid driver license. CPI within 180 days of hire. 3 years hospital related experience. Preferred Education: Preferred License/Certification: Preferred Experience: High school diploma, Trade School or equivalent.
Previous experience in maintenance and repair of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, and air conditioning in a health care facility.
Title: Supervisor, Facilities Management
Location: Florida-Orange Park-Orange Park Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01310-7215