Kratos Technology & Training Solutions Director of Engineering in Orlando, Florida
The Director of Engineering is responsible for managing and overseeing the engineering department in support of the development and certification of complex training products. The Director manages and directs the software, electrical, mechanical, systems, project engineering, specialty engineering, logistics, and test disciplines. Responsible for knowing and understanding the technical and related programmatic details of all programs and providing guidance and direction relative to technical concept formulation, requirements trace, resource assignment, staff utilization, schedule, and budget execution. The Director is expected to maintain a professional work environment that fosters team building, cooperation, and synergy across all engineering departments/branches and other KRATOS functional elements.
Current Active Security Clearance required at level Secret
Experience and Skills:
Greater than 10 years of related experience in technical leadership and management. Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science field related to system design and development. Experience in operating within Engineering and Manufacturing Workflow processes. Experience with complex training systems design and development required.
- Adept in Systems Engineering and Logistics competencies within the DoDs Defense Acquisition Framework including Test, Evaluation and Validation activities.
- Knowledge in Engineering and Manufacturing Workflow Processes.
- Demonstrated leadership experience managing large groups (50 or more people) with multi-disciplinary skills and tasking.
- An understanding of the Bid and Proposal process, management and strategic planning for all types of procurement activities
- Candidate must be U.S. Persons as defined in the ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15 (U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien Status) and as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101(a) (20).
- Candidate must possess a US Government Secret security clearance
- Systems Planning, Research, Development and Engineering training and/or certification within the DoD systems acquisition principles and processes
- MS in technical, engineering or management to compliment BS degree.
- Systems, Software, Information Assurance, and Visual Engineering Management Experience
- Earned Value Management
- Agile MGMT Experience
Job Tracking ID: KTTS-16-139
Location: Orlando, FL
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: September 14, 2016
Job Level: Executive
Number of Openings: 1
Years of Experience: More than 10 Years
Level of Education: BA/BS
Starting Date: ASAP