Sonora Quest Labs Lab Technical Supervisor - Page - 5605 in Page, Arizona
This job was posted by http://www.azjobconnection.gov : For more information, please see: http://www.azjobconnection.gov/ada/r/jobs/2735121 SIGN ON BONUS!
Position will work at our laboratory inside PAGE HOSPITAL in Page, AZ. Page Hospital offers a wide range of medical services that include a Level IV Trauma emergency department, surgery, medical imaging, obstetrics, cardiopulmonary, acute care and rehabilitation. Page Hospital was recenlty named Top Hospital by The Leapfrog Group--a national health care quality and safety ratings group.
ABOUT PAGE, AZ
Page is a dynamic community that boasts spectacular vistas and convenient access to some of the nation's most popular recreational destinations, including: Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam, Antelope Canyon and Marble Canyon . If you're looking for the opportunity to contribute to the health of a growing community while experiencing an exhilarating lifestyle, Page Hospital is the place!
This position provides general operational supervision under the direction of the director/manager to assigned personnel. Responsible for organizing, directing and controlling workflow aspects of the section in order to improves processes to provide high quality and cost effective services.
1. Hires, trains and conducts performance evaluations, and supervises the workflow for designated staff. This includes initiating promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions. Provides leadership, coaching, recognition, and staff development. Establishes priorities, workloads, schedules, controls, work procedures and day-to-day problem resolution and trouble shooting utilizing Six Sigma and Lean concepts, tools and methodology in the department.
2. Schedules and manages the use of labor and resources within budgetary guidelines. Manages waste reduction and establishes priorities, workloads, controls and work procedures, as well as determines resources needed for expense reduction. Prepares and/or provides input for the department budget.
3. Under the direction of management, ensures area(s) of responsibility are maintained in accreditation with College of American Pathologists (CAP), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), American Association of Blood Banks (AABB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and licensing for Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) for patient care and nursing. Also ensures laboratory is compliant with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
4. Participates and may lead task forces to plan, implement, and coordinate activities to maximize service quality, compliance effectiveness and efficiency. Develops and monitors performance matrix to ensure quality patient care.
5. Serves as a resource and communication liaison by facilitating timely and accurate dissemination of information within the organization and to parent partners.
• Bachelor's Degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
• Four (4) years' training and experience in high-complexity testing in the respective specialty.
• Bachelor's Degree in Medical Laboratory Science.
• MLS or Specialty Certification.
• One (1) year of supervisory experience.