Google Customer Engineer Specialist Manager, Google Cloud in Paris, France
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global data center and software products. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of how technology is used in the workplace.
We are looking for a Customer Engineering Manager with excellent technical, communication and organizational skills to join our Cloud sales team. You will lead a team of pre-sales engineers who engage discover and assess customer requirements, prepare and present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud services, and address and overcome challenges that arise throughout the process.
Google has been operating one of the biggest cloud computing infrastructures for years and now we're opening up our platform to bring massively efficient cloud services to consumers everywhere. From the startup in a garage to governments crunching big data to the future of enterprise computing, the Google Cloud Platform allows users to take advantage of Google's scale and speed so they can focus development. Our team of technical account managers and software engineers work with partners across all functions to develop solutions that harness Google's planet-wide platform to solve the world's most challenging problems.
- Collaborate with Sales Engineering management to determine staffing levels to support strategic goals, establish job requisitions, assemble candidate pool and lead interview team to fill open positions.
- Organize, train and equip the Sales Engineering team, and assess team’s go-to-market readiness and build plans to ensure the team is equipped to successfully achieve strategic goals.
- Work with Google Cloud Sales team leadership to identify, qualify, and prioritize coverage. Participate in review meetings and provide insight into how to identify opportunities.
- Work with the Sales Account, Customer Support, Product Management, Customer Solutions and Engineering teams to overcome product challenges.
- Travel up to 50% of the time to visit customers across a defined geographic territory.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in leading a technical team in a cloud computing environment, or equivalent experience in a similar customer facing role (e.g. in professional services, solutions architecture, or systems engineering team).
- MBA and/or Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Experience in serving a field engineering manager leading a team to achieve strategic goals.
- Knowledge of web application development platforms and related technologies, with experience in enterprise networking and identity management systems, and hands-on experience with Linux
- Experience in data and information management with hands-on experience using and/or managing databases.
- Knowledge of Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS, public cloud and technical concepts.
- Demonstrated ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.