HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Manager (RN) - Emergency Department in Pasadena, Texas
_Bayshore Medical Center – Pasadena, TX_
_Manager (RN) – Emergency Department_
_Shift: FT, 7p/7a_
Nestled in the heart of the historic land where Texas won its independence,Bayshore Medical Center offers comfort, convenience, excellence and expertise to our neighbors who trust their health care to us.
For nearly 50 years, we have offered patients solace and security through constant, compassionate communication during their medical emergencies, surgeries, and diagnostic procedures. As a 345-bed facility, we employ 1,500 staff and 250 physicians.
Bayshore Medical Center is currently looking for a Manager (RN) – Emergency Department
· The Nurse Manager is responsible for assisting the department director with planning, directing, supervising and evaluating all care at Bayshore emergency department on a 24-hour basis.
· The nurse manager manages, coordinates and controls all aspects of the unit in order to provide quality patient care and maintain high standards of professional practices in the clinical setting.
· Other duties may be assigned. Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork in all settings and circumstances.
· Creates and maintains an environment that results in above average satisfaction ratings from employees, patients, and physicians.
· Must be able to absorb negative information/criticism and maintain a balanced perspective on issues.
· Knowledge of the objectives of the company and implication for programs, policies, and decisions
· Responsible for knowing and following the Rules and Regulations relating to the professional nurse education, licensure, and practice as set forth in the Nursing Practice Act and the Texas Occupations Code and Statutes regulating the practice of professional nursing.
· Respects the rights of patients to include their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values to help improve patient outcomes.
· Promotes an atmosphere of collaboration and teamwork in all settings and circumstances. Shares acquired knowledge and skills with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
· Follows laws, regulations, and hospital policy regarding controlled substances.
· Supports the hospital vision, mission and values through leadership activities.
· Maintains confidentiality and accuracy in documentation of patient activities.
· Exhibits professional behavior that demonstrates a commitment to providing quality patient care, and is supportive of a professional working environment.
· Performs other duties as required, including the unit specific duties as identified on the Criteria Based Performance Appraisal.
License / Certifications / Requirements
Current Texas licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners
Current BCLS (Basic Life Support), ACLS, PALS/ENPC and TNCC certification requiredNew hires must complete PALS/ENPC and TNCC within six (6) months from date of hire.
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing is required. Bachelors degree in Nursing is preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years ER experience is preferred.
Title: Manager (RN) - Emergency Department
Location: Texas-Pasadena-Bayshore Medical Center - Pasadena
Requisition ID: 00009-70693