Illinois Tool Works, Inc. Business Unit Manager - Hobart Service UK in Peterborough, United States
Business Unit Manager - Hobart Service UK at ITW
Business Unit Manager, Hobart Service UK
Hobart Service UK is part of the ITW Food Equipment Group (FEG), an Illinois Tool Works (ITW) business, and is a leading provider in the servicing and repair of commercial food equipment. The UK business is located in Peterborough, and is part of the ITW Service Europe division. It is seeking a Business Unit Manager. The selected candidate will report to the VP/GM ITW Service Europe.
Sales Revenue : 2015 Service & Parts = net sales greater than £30m
The role will be responsible for managing the UK unit. This includes profit and loss (P&L) responsibility for Service Engineers and Administration teams, Over the Counter Part Sales, Contract Sales, Account Management and Finance functions.
In this position the selected individual must be able to work within and manage an organisation which operates in a team environment. In particular it will be necessary to work closely with the Hobart UK Equipment Business Units (Warewash and Cooking).
Applicants must have experience developing and implementing short and long range plans, with the ability to set and manage goals and objectives to meet the vision, mission and long range strategic plans developed by the European Service management team.
Essential Job Functions
Establish annual operating plan and Long Range Plan (LRP).
Translate the Strategy of the Company into Action Plans
Organise the business and drive change.
Meet the financial and strategic goals.
Secure economic success through reaching the operating plan targets.
Creation of a reporting and appropriate control system in order to monitor performance in all areas of the service organisation.
Effectively lead the Management team in order to develop the revenue and increase the income.
Responsible for the sales development of the Service Products (definition, plan and execution of the Service programmes).
Overall responsibility for Inventory of Parts, ensuring sufficient month on hand stock to satisfy Service and Over the Counter Sales (OTC).
Manage performance and develop talent.
Responsible for Health and Safety of Employees.
Manage Company Relationship with Unions and Employees representatives.
Develop and maintain relationship to European peers to strengthen information exchange and best practice approaches.
• Grow the business: The candidate should have an established track record of growth. Should be able to demonstrate that personal contribution to key accounts, as well as strong Account Management resulting in above average growth.
• People Leadership: Articulates a compelling vision of the future. Acts as a coach, guide and advisor on business and organisational issues. Leads from the front.
• Drive for Results: Grows the business consistently. Creates and communicates vision within his/her organisation that aligns with the overall company direction. Creates and sustains an environment that supports innovation.
• Facilitating Change: Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
• Valuing and Leveraging Diversity: Values diversity as exhibited in hiring choices, assignments made, teams formed, and interaction with others. Shows respect for people regardless of race, gender, disability, lifestyle or viewpoint. Actively seeks out different viewpoints and leverages the benefits of different perspectives.
• Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.