Amtrak INTERN-UNDERGRADUATE 1 YEAR COMPLETED - 90197276 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES :
The undergraduate intern represents the focal point for various areas within the Capital Accounting department. He/she is responsible for support and coordination of activities and projects.
This position supports the Capital Accounting department by providing scheduling, data analysis, research, communication, document preparation and software/applications skills to support fixed assets accounting (WIP, capitalization, depreciation and depreciation), SAP CO master data maintenance, overhead accounting and other technical activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Prepare reconciliations, reports, presentations and documents
• Assist in process for gathering, collecting, analyzing and reporting data
• Analyze data and prepare reports
• Perform scheduling of activities including outreach to key individuals in various departments
• Assist in preparation for various audit requests
• Assist in process improvement activities, including, but not limited to system initiatives (PowerPlan and SAP)
• Work effectively with staff members on ad hoc assignments
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated experience in data analysis
• Demonstrated skills using PC-based applications, including but not limited to, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Prior satisfactory job performance
• Demonstrated ability to perform all essential functions. (See above)
• Demonstrated proficiency in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software
• High level of interpersonal skills
• Analytical ability in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various problems and prioritize work
• Continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials and meeting priorities and deadlines
• Knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment and PCs
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Experience in an office, business or professional environment
• Experience in a cross-functional, complex, multi-dimensional work environment
• Familiarity with and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and business processes
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
•Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 24988
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Finance
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: High School/GED
Travel Requirements: None
Employment Experience Requirements: Under 1 year of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Finance || No Additional