Amtrak Senior Electrical Engineer - 90132799 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
As a current employee you know Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. The safety of our passengers, our more than 20,000 colleagues, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of you.
By living the Amtrak values and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for preparation and review of designs for complex catenary design engineering projects and studies to repair, rehabilitate or construct new electrification facilities.
Duties of this position to include:
• Review engineering designs prepared by outside consultants for projects to be constructed on Amtrak property on behalf of outside third parties to insure compliance with industry and Amtrak standards.
• Provide technical expertise to other departments and make engineering decisions for Division Engineers and their staffs.
• Provide Construction Related Engineering assistance when requested by Division Personnel and when necessary make field inspections pursuant to make engineering decisions.
• Lead the development of the new electrical standards and develops prototype catenary equipment with manufacturers for use on the 25 Hz system and the 60 Hz system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Experience in planning and scheduling and Project Management.
• Develop and produce Catenary designs for in-house construction.
• Provide direction in a matrix organization
• Collaborate with system and division project managers on project progress
• Manage in-house and consultant catenary design projects.
• Interact with representative from various Railroads and Government organizations.
• Coordinate project closeouts
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated experience in catenary design.
• Demonstrated experience in project management.
• Demonstrated experience in design of catenary, transmission lines, structural steel, concrete and foundations.
• Demonstrated management experience in a matrix organization.
• Demonstrated experience in managing large projects from planning phase through construction.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project and AutoCAD.
• Proficient or capable of learning Primavera, STAAD, Work Element Explorer
• Understanding of PS, FIS, AAMPS
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated experience in the Electric Traction field
• PMP Certification preferred
• PE license preferred
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
Masters Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering or related field
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 23102
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Engineering
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements: 5 - 7 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Engineering || Engineering