Amtrak Senior Real Estate Development Manager - 90206686 - Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for supporting the re-development of Amtrak’s Baltimore Penn Station and Washington Union Station. The incumbent will support efforts to improve the commercial aspects and enhance the business performance of both stations. In that regard, the incumbent helps develop negotiating strategies and deliberations on large, multi-party commercial arrangements with public and private entities, sometimes in politically- charged, highly visible circumstances. With respect to both properties, the incumbent also helps analyze, weigh and recommend the best courses of action from among alternative finance, funding and structural approaches to prospective commercial undertakings, large-scale real estate developments and other capital projects. The incumbent also helps develop and champion relevant business cases for both stations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
• Manage transaction team representing Amtrak in negotiations of real estate transactions which include leases/easements/sales, station leases/agreements and office space leases with Developers, State DOT Representatives, Municipalities and Local Governments.
• Provide advisory services to Amtrak Law, Engineering and other Operating Departments regarding real estate issues and help determine and execute resolutions to those issues.
• Perform financial analysis and provide assistance to and work jointly with the Law Department in drafting legal documents and contract terms for real estate transactions.
• Perform property management function which includes lease administration, real estate documentation/deed research, determination of party responsibilities, etc.
• Negotiate, execute and enforce station leases, real estate and/or real estate commercial development agreements in order to protect Amtrak’s property rights and interests.
• Interface with state and local government agencies and other organizations involving the development, redevelopment or improvement of Amtrak’s properties to assure compliance with applicable regulations/legislation.
• Interface with Amtrak departments, state and local government agencies and other organizations to resolve tax issues, code violations, claims cases, police and security matters, environmental issues, and rights and responsibilities related to Amtrak owned real estate.
WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Extensive experience, including some experience in the transportation industry.
• Extensive experience in business development strategy, planning and execution.
• Extensive experience in highly visible, large-scale programs with multiple public and private stakeholders.
• Extensive communication/presentation skills and experience including distilling and communicating complex issues to senior level officers.
• Demonstrated experience commercial real estate development, leasing, or management.
• Demonstrated experience in managing staff, contractors, and cross-functional teams in multiple locations.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff and decision-makers at all levels while successfully challenging conventional practices and incorporating new approaches to business.
• Superior quantitative and analytical skills
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE :
• Extensive planning and analysis experience the railroad and/or transportation industry
• Experience with Amtrak’s financial planning/reporting technology systems or the equivalent.
PREFERRED EDUCATION :
Master’s degree in business or policy with an emphasis on quantitative, financial or economic analysis.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS :
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : No
Requisition ID: 24342
Posting Location(s): Pennsylvania
Personnel Area: PA08
Job Family/Function: Finance
Relocation Offered: No
Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements: Up to 50%
Employment Experience Requirements: 10 plus years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
POSTING NOTES: Finance || Corporate