CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Client Service Assistant - Tax Support in Phoenix, Arizona
We are seeking a Client Service Assistant for our Phoenix office. This high energy individual will provide administrative and client service support specifically to our Tax principals, Tax managers, and Tax staff. The individual also ensures that timely and courteous service is provided to all clients and firm personnel.
- Tax Processing Support:Works closely with tax leadership to support all aspects of the tax department, its principals, clients and staff. Supports all aspects of the tax department, including E-file system and other tax software management. Works collaboratively with the tax administrative team to support the workflow and standardization of tax processing and assembly procedures for one consistent operationally efficient method. Assembles and processes tax returns and process extensions. Maintains a working knowledge/competency of appropriate systems applications used by the firm, including Word, Adobe, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Administrative: Performs full administrative duties including creating memorandums, correspondence, documents and reports, usually from rough draft, and edits for grammar, punctuation, and spelling as needed. Prepares, in draft form, routine correspondence as requested and organizes workload to comply with deadlines and priorities established by the principals. Answers phones and communicates messages to principals, managers, directors, and staff to resolve client questions on a timely basis. Assists in preparing and distributing client billing on a timely basis. Serves as backup phones/reception support..
- Client Documents: Creates engagement letters for professional staff, usually from rough draft, and edits for grammar, punctuation, and spelling as needed. Uses computerized systems (GoFileRoom and PFx) according to the established paperless process for operational efficiencies.
- Internal Client Support: Works as a team member in meeting the needs of the industry/service group such as assisting with the development of proposals and presentations, and preparing materials for conferences and roundtables.
- External Client Support:Interacts with clients in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner. Assists with service requests from clients. Monitors and coordinates gathering of various forms and documents for set up of client files efficiently. Schedules client interviews and delivery/pick-up of tax returns.
- Computer literacy – understanding basic connectivity, able to maneuver within software applications to learn new skills, and using search engines.
- Excel capabilities – ability to enter and format data, calculate totals, and create pivot tables.
- Word processing capabilities – using common keyboard commands, spell check, table creation, and working with headers/footers.
- Technical Competencies: Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office products required (to include demonstrated skill in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint); Familiarity with STAR, Go File Room, ProFx Engagement and Adobe a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years administrative experience. Prior experience in an accounting firm preferred but not required. Strong computer and word processing skills. Effective time management and organizational skills. Promotes continuous improvement in approach to work. Strong attention to detail. Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated strong professional relationships, including key interactions with clients and firm personnel. Ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Education: High school degree minimum; liberal arts or English college degree preferred.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLC (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1307
Title: Client Service Assistant - Tax Support