CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Controller in Phoenix, Arizona
CliftonLarsonAllen is currently hiring a Controller for our Phoenix, AZ office. The individual will be working with multiple organizations with annual revenues ranging from $10M to $50M+ dollars.
The Controller functions as part of the client’s accounting services team. The incumbent is accountable for acting as and managing the designated function(s) for the client. S/he is also accountable for identifying and implementing best practices related to the service(s) provided to add value to the client. Develops full knowledge of GAAP (FASB/SFAS) and deep understanding of financial and operational aspects of his/her specific industry.
Work Activities & Accountabilities
- Works with client to set financial policy and is an active participant in, and driver of, the overall strategy. Leads financial administration, planning, and budgeting.
- Frequently partners with client’s leadership on operational and strategic issues as they arise, providing recommendations based on financial analysis of projections, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis.
- Oversees longer-term budget planning and cost management. Monitors progress of budgets and presents operational metrics.
- Ensures financial staff maintains financial record systems in accordance with appropriate principles and accounting guidelines. Prepares and reviews financial statements and compilations with full disclosures
- Manages staff accountants to ensure work is performed correctly and efficiently
- Evaluates client processes for automation and efficiency opportunities
- Responsible for client development
- Builds strong client relationships and becomes a key member of client management team. Ability to develop key external business network and becomes service and industry thought leader
The Controller reports directly to the Outsourcing Principal in charge of the client. S/he regularly interacts with Managing Principals, industry Principals, service Principals, and other functional groups within CLA and at the client site. S/he supervises accounting services staff which may include CLA Outsourcing staff, client accounting services staff, or both. S/he will typically spend 50% of time on client assignments (majority at client locations).
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Experience: minimum seven years relative work experience as an Accounting Manager, Controller, or equivalent Controller work.
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience preferred
- Education: BA/BS degree in accounting or related field required.
- Certification: CPA required.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLC (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With nearly 4,000 people, 90 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-1148