Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Medical Officer of the Day (MOD) - Fee Based in Phoenix, Arizona
Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Many vacancies in the following location:
- Phoenix, AZ
Work Schedule is Intermittent - Intermittent
Opened Thursday 10/6/2016 (20 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 10/27/2016 (1 day(s) away)
SERVING OUR NATION'S HEROES
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
The Fee Basis compensation for Medical Officers of Day (MOD) is $175.00 per hour.
Because this is a Fee Basis position, you will not be entitled to those benefits normally given to regularly paid employees of the Department of Veterans Affairs.
The Phoenix VA Healthcare System is currently recruiting Medical Officers of the Day (MOD) physicians to support our Emergency Department in serving our veterans on a fee based appointment. Become part of a tradition of excellence with new and rewarding challenges. The Phoenix VA ER patient population consists of adult veterans with a variety of medical and psychological problems. Our Emergency Department does not provide services for pediatric, obstetrical patients, or trauma patients. All records are electronic and thus computer typing skills are required.
These Medical Officers of the Day (MOD) are authorized to work nights, weekends, evenings and holidays. Day shift is not authorized.
Benefits: Fee Basis/Per Diem physicians earn a competitive wage and have malpractice coverage.
- Not Required
- Must pass pre-employment examination.
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing required.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Citizenship of the United States. Noncitizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with Department of Veterans Affairs policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of a first-year residency, or its equivalent, approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which it was completed.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Note*:* Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Physical Requirements: You will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment physical prior to being appointed to our facility.
This is a random drug test position.
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
After we receive application packages (including all required documents) and the vacancy announcement closes, we will review applications to ensure qualification and eligibility requirements are met. During our review, if your résumé and application package do not support your questionnaire answers, we will adjust your rating accordingly. After the review is complete, a referral certificate(s) is issued and applicants will be notified of their status by email (if provided); otherwise, applicants will receive a notification letter via the U.S. Postal Service. Referred applicants will be notified as such and may be contacted directly by the hiring office for an interview. All referred applicants receive a final notification once a selection decision has been made.
You may check the status of your application at any time by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your status, click on "more information." Information regarding applicant notification points can be found in the USAJobs Resource Center.
It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply.
Salary Range: $175.00 to $175.00 / Fee Basis
Series & Grade: FB-0602-00/00
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: THIS POSITION IS A FEE FOR SERVICE POSITION
Control Number: 452662000
Job Announcement Number: 644-16-1819454