Indian Health Service Podiatrist (PR2018) in Pine Ridge, South Dakota
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Pine Ridge, SD
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Friday 9/16/2016 (38 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 12/30/2016 (67 day(s) away)
About the Agency
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced concurrently under Excepted Service Examining Plan/Merit Promotion Plan (ESEP/MPP) procedures. Please review vacancy announcement number ++IHS-R2-GP-1663390-ESEP/MP++; for eligibility requirements. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered
ORGANIZATIONAL LOCATION: Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Indian Health Services (IHS), Northern Plains Region, Great Plains Area, Podiatry Department, Pine Ridge, South Dakota. * *Position reports to the Deputy Clinical Director.
This position is being re-advertised to solicit additional applications. Applicant who applied previously need not reapply unless submitting updated and/or missing information.
Cut-off dates will be established based on the date requests for List of Eligibles are received to fill other vacancies. 10 pt. Veterans' Preference ESEP applicants who submit a complete application after a Cut-off date but before the List of Eligibles is issued, will be considered and referred on the List, if qualified. 1st cut-off 10/14/16, 2nd cut-off 11/14/16, 3rd cut-off 12/13/16, and 4th cut-off 12/30/16.
- Interviews and examines patients, reviews past medical history and requests and/or performs diagnostic tests and examinations as necessary to make diagnosis of podiatric pathology. Makes diagnosis after evaluation information obtained and provides podiatric medical or surgical and/or referral as appropriate.
- Maintains clinical and administrative records as required.
- Performs outpatient and inpatient surgical procedures under local, regional, spinal and general anesthesia.
- Routine suties shall include providing podiatric care services to individuals eligible for services provided by the IHS in homes, schools, clinics, job sites, and other community locations within the Service Unit.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Occasional Travel
- Occasional travel may be required for training and/or other work related duties.
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
Degree: Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (D.P.M.) from a school of podiatric medicine accredited by the Council on Podiatric Medical Evaluation in the year in which the degree was granted.
Licensure: *Applicants must be currently licensed to practice podiatric medicine in one of the States, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico.*
*In addition to meeting the basic requirements, applicants must meet the following specialized experience in order to be eligible at the GS-14 grade level:*
One (1) year of experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level in the practice of podiatry in an office, clinic, or hospital.**
**Examples of Specialized Experience include work in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of foot, ankle and leg diseases and disorders by physical, medical, and/or surgical methods; Surgical repair of bone fractures, soft tissue injuries, congenital and structural deformities, and infections involving the foot, ankle and leg; Diagnosis and treatment of diabetes and inflammatory arthritis involving the foot, ankle and leg.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, December 30, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Review our benefits
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Additional selections may be made on this vacancy.
- Drug testing is not required.
- This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
- Selectee(s) are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- A two-year trial period may be required upon selection/placement (ESEP only)
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $99,785.00 to $129,723.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0668-14/14
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: "ANY UNITED STATES CITIZEN"
Control Number: 450781700
Job Announcement Number: IHS-R2-GP-1663391-DE