Indian Health Service Administrative Support Assistant (OA) in Pinon, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Pinon, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Multiple Appointment Types
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (3 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (8 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives. The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of administrative tasks associated with maintaining and supporting the work performed within the organization. This position is located in the Pinon Health Center, Outpatient Nursing Department, Pinon, Arizona. The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Incumbent receives, routes, or otherwise handles incoming and outgoing materials such as controlled or routine correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other forms of written communication.
- Performs office automation duties to prepare documents such as correspondence, forms, and reports which can include technical material, graphs and charts.
- Manages the appointment and meeting schedule for the Director of the organization unit served, and those of other senior staff members as directed.
- Receives calls and visitors from within and outside the immediate organizational unit. Responds to general inquires and answers questions about the work of the organization and common practices/policies.
- Performs a wide variety administrative tasks associated with maintaining and supporting the work of the organization. The work may include purchasing supplies and equipment utilizing prescribed purchasing guidelines and procedures.
- Not Required
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
For positions requiring positive education requirements, or if you are using education to meet all or part of the qualification requirements, you MUST submit a copy of your transcripts or an itemized list of college courses which includes equivalent information from the transcript (course title, semester/quarter hours, and grade/degree earned) in your resume.
BASIC REQUIREMENT(S): GS-06: Candidates must have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-05 grade level to qualify for the GS-06 grade level. In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below- *SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: *Your resume must demonstrate at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector performing the following type of work and/or tasks: Tracking controlled correspondence, editing correspondence, knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling, preparing meeting minutes, managing schedules and appointments, coordinating meeting, timekeeping functions, and preparing and processing documents associated with travel. *SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE: GS-06: *Generally not applicable.
PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must present evident passing the typing proficiency from a school or other organizations authorized to issue certification (40 WPM typing speed, WPM are based on a five minute sample with three or fewer errors.) TYPING PROFICIENCY MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH YOUR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED AS A UFMS CRITICAL USER FOR LEVEL V; THEREFORE A BACKGROUND/SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED UPON APPOINTMENT.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, October 28, 2016
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position meets the criteria specified in pillar number one of the five pillars of the PHS Commissioned Corps. PHS Commissioned Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps MUST apply online under the merit promotion announcement indicated above in order to receive consideration. For more information on PHS Commissioned Corps, visit the website at: http://www.usphs.gov/ (MP Vacancies for applicable positions).
Additional selection(s) of candidates may be possible within 90 days from the date the certificate of eligibles was issued for this announcement.
A two-year trial period may be required upon selection/placement (ESEP only) This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit. Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned. CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Services health care facilities.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $36,025.00 to $46,831.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0303-06/06
Promotion Potential: 06
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference authority; Federal employee serving on career/career-conditional appointments; reinstatement eligible; applicants eligible for non-competitive appointment; VEOA/VRA/30% disabled veterans; CTAP/ICTAP; Schedule A eligible; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel.
Control Number: 453553600
Job Announcement Number: IHS-16-CH-1825270-ESEP/MP