BNY Mellon UNIX Grp Mgr,Infrastrct Engin'g in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
The Manager, UNIX Production Support Operations is responsible for the overall successful execution of UNIX Platform Availability within Distributed Systems Operations. The responsibilities are grouped below under the major areas of:
(1) Services execution
(2) Performance management and people leadership
(3) Quality and continuous improvement.
Successful candidates should have a minimum 3-5 years’ experience managing a UNIX production support environment. Candidate should have strong skills in AIX, Solaris and Linux platforms.
The Manager will be required to maintain outstanding peer relations with others; Business Solutions, Deployment Team, Web Hosting amongst other Engineering and Production Support areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Overall responsibility for on-time delivery of high-quality technical and business critical applications.
· Monitoring the progress of individual deployments, providing support regarding consumer management, project strategy and project delivery.
· Solving problems and escalating issues as appropriate.
· Ensuring teams are consistently using and adhering to standard operating procedures and work instructions. Keeping Leadership up to date on resource needs and project status by ensuring delivery team compliance with reporting and project management tools.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT and PEOPLE LEADERSHIP:
· Developing and actively monitoring career development plans for team members
· Providing real-time, coaching, counseling, and mentoring to team members.
· Writing and conducting performance reviews.
· Maintaining a qualified and motivated staff.
· Training for further development of functional expertise and competencies.
· Managing performance related decisions which include, but are not limited to, employee hiring, promotions, compensation recommendations, and termination.
QUALITY and CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT:
· Ensuring customer satisfaction with services delivered by setting and managing customer expectations and delivery of strategically sound and efficient projects.
· Ensuring process compliance within the team and consistency with other operating groups.
Ensuring best practices are shared amongst team members
Group Manager, Infrastructure Engineering->> Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Directs systems management and integration functions. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze complex infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Tailors standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Directs the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on finding solutions to infrastructure problems. Provides input into the selection of vendors to assist with systems administration or application issues. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Strategizes on how to take these needs into account when developing infrastructure. Oversees the development and monitoring of project plans and budgets. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or multiple infrastructure engineering teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.*
Primary Location:* United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode:* 45306
Job:* Information Technology
Organization:* Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number:* 1513902
Category: Information Technology