Indian Health Service Custodial Worker in Polacca, Arizona
Indian Health Service
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Polacca, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/17/2016 (10 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (1 day(s) away)
Become a part of an innovative, dynamic, nationwide organization of dedicated health care providers working to meet the individual health care needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. Indian Health Service (IHS) employees are considerate in our care, creative in our approach, enthusiastic about our work and compassionate with our patients.
Our lifestyle is adventurous, community oriented and focused on service and problem solving as part of a professional interdisciplinary team. Join us in improving the health outcomes of 2.2 million American Indians and Alaska Natives.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Custodial Worker for the Administrative Division, Housekeeping Department located at the Hopi Health Care Center in Polacca, Arizona. Custodial Worker will provide a variety of housekeeping services and will report to the Custodial Worker Supervisor.
An appointment to this position is restricted by law (5 U.S.C. 3310) to veterans who are preference eligible as long as such applicants are available.
- Perform all cleaning tasks independently; requires knowledge of the proper use of cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ensures that high standards of cleanliness are maintained.
- Cleans patient units including "isolation" areas which require specific sanitizing procedures.
- Performs daily overall cleaning of clinic and offices following established standard operating procedures.
- Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Service, clean and supply restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.\
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Mix water and detergents in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Requisition supplies or equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using cleaners, sponges or squeegees.
- Not Required
- Selectee will be subject to a pre-employment fingerprint check.
- Selectee will be subject to a background investigation.
- Selectee will be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- ESEP appointees typically serve a two year trial period.
- More than one selection may be made from this announcement.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
To qualify for this position, your resume must state sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are applying.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Candidates for this position will be evaluated under the federal wage Job Qualification System for Trades and Labor Occupations. Applicants will be rated on their knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics to perform the duties of the position to be filled. Each of the factors must be addressed on the online questionnaire in order for the applicant to be rated for this position.Your resume must demonstrate the ability to do the work of the position without more than normal supervision.
Time-In-Grade Requirements: Merit Promotion (status) candidates must have completed one year of service at the next lower grade level. Time-In-Grade provisions do not apply under the Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP).
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 pm (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Friday, October 28, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
You can track the progress of your application package via your USAJOBS account. You will receive an acknowledgement from USAJOBS that your submission was successful once we have received your on-line occupational questionnaire, resume, and any supporting documentation. You will be notified of the status of your application via your USAJOBS Account after we conduct a qualification review of your complete application package. You will be contacted if further evaluation or interviews are required. Any exaggeration of your experience, false statements, or attempt to conceal information may disqualify you for employment consideration. We may verify all information you provide in your resume and questionnaire responses, through reference and/or background check, and/or verification of your education. If you are selected, you will be contacted personally by the Human Resources (HR) office posting this announcement.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. IHS may offer newly-appointed Federal employees credit for their directly related previous non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which annual leave is earned.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a pre-employment fingerprint check and background investigation. Fingerprint results and background investigation documentation must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints and background investigation documentation. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957. Seasonal Influenza immunization is required for civilian health care facility staff working in Indian Health Service health care facilities.
- Selectees are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payments.
- May drive a U.S. Government vehicle and must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $14.48 to $16.90 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-3566-03/03
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Candidates eligible under Indian Preference appointing authority; All Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) eligible; Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; and/or Schedule A.
Control Number: 453505800
Job Announcement Number: IHS-17-PX-1826372-ESEP/MP