Indian Health Service Pharmacist - Direct Hire in Polacca, Arizona
Indian Health Service
Few vacancies in the following location:
- Polacca, AZ
Work Schedule is Full Time - Permanent
Opened Monday 10/3/2016 (17 day(s) ago)
** Closes Thursday 11/10/2016 (21 day(s) away)
The Indian Health Service (IHS) is the principal federal health care provider and health advocate for American Indians and Alaska Natives (AI/AN). The IHS goal is to raise Indian health status to the highest possible level. IHS provides leadership and direction to programs and activities designed to improve health outcomes to over 1.9 million AI/AN through a system of IHS, Tribal, and Urban operated facilities and programs.
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a Direct Hire Open Continuous Announcement (OCA) for a Permanent Full-Time Pharmacist for the Clinical Services Division, Pharmacy Department located at the Hopi Health Care Center in Polacca, Arizona. Qualified candidates with a complete application will be considered for current or future vacancies as they occur. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications do not apply to this vacancy announcement.
THIS POSITION IS BEING RE-ADVERTISED TO SOLICIT ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS. APPLICANTS WHO APPLIED PREVIOUSLY NEED NOT REAPPLY UNLESS SUBMITTING UPDATED AND/OR MISSING INFORMATION.
Who May Be Considered: Citizens of the United States, Competitive Service federal employees, Commissioned Corps Officers of the U.S. Public Health Service, and eligible Indian Preference candidates.
Incentive:Recruitment or Relocation Incentive may or may not be authorized and is subject to availability and service unit approval. If offered, you will be required to sign a one year service agreement. Failure to fulfill the service agreement will result in repayment of the incentive.
Period of Eligibility: Applications will remain eligible for three (3) months from the time the application is received.
- Responsible for proper interpretation of prescriptions and the dispensing of product prescribed, including the review of labeling needs for specifying directions for use and precautions as necessary, to assure proper protection of the contents and to the patient.
- Provide specialized services to assist patients with managing conditions such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure and other chronic illness.
- Provide information and advice regarding drug therapy and usage, drug interactions, side effects, dosage, and proper medication storage.
- Maintain records, such as pharmacy files, patient records, inventories, control records for narcotics or controlled drugs.
- Compound and dispense medications as prescribed by physicians, dentists, and other licensed practitioners, by calculating, weighing, measuring, and mixing ingredients.
- May serve as a pharmacy consultant and advisor to such groups as the therapeutic agents committee, the hospital research committee, and the infections committee.
- Participates in accredited programs of teaching in various pharmacy specialty fields, involving residencies, internships and other comparable programs such as university-affiliated student training programs.
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59)
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- SPECIFIC EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIRED, See Qualifications
To qualify for this position, your resume must reflect sufficient experience and/or education, to perform the duties of the position for which you are applying. Your resume is key in evaluating your experience, as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your work experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Four-year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure: All applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Medical Requirement: Must be able to distinguish basic colors.
In addition, to the Basic Requirements, you must also meet the Minimum Qualifications stated below:
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized Pharmacist experience at or equivalent to at least the next lower grade level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector.
GS-11 Grade Level:
- Successful completion of a 6-year course of study leading to a Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) degree; OR
- 1 year of professional pharmacy experience equivalent to at least GS-9.
New Graduates: Applications will be accepted from applicants who are in their final year of their Doctor of Pharmacy program. Such applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting all position requirements before they can enter on duty.
You must meet the requirements of the job by 11:59 (Eastern Standard Time) of the closing date: Thursday, November 10, 2016
Q - Nonsensitive
What To Expect Next
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Applicant MUST verify the completeness and successful submission of their applications by logging into the USAJobs Application Manager to check the Status. Your qualifications for the job will be reviewed against other applicants to determine, if you will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps have been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
You will no longer need to call the HR Office to determine your application status. USAJOBS has added an alert setting to their system to provide status updates for applicants. You can elect to activate the status updates from your USAJOBS profile at any point during the application process.
If all required documentation is not submitted with your application you will lose consideration. It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information and documents entered, uploaded, or faxed is received, legible and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
Indian Health Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You can review our benefits at https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/PayandBenefits
A one-year probationary period may be required upon selection/placement.
This position is covered by a Bargaining Unit.
Government housing is subject to approval and availability.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Security Clearance: If you are selected for this vacancy, you must undergo a fingerprint check. Fingerprint results must be cleared prior to hire. You will receive instructions on how to obtain and submit fingerprints. After you begin your employment, your continued employment is contingent upon the outcome of a complete background investigation as determined by the sensitivity level of your position. The investigation must find that you are suitable for Federal employment in your position. If you are found not suitable, you will be terminated after you begin work. If you make a false statement in any part of your application, you may not be hired; you may be fired after you begin work; or subject to possible criminal charges.
- Measles and Rubella immunization required for selectees born after 1957.
- Selectees are required to have a viable bank account at a financial institution for electronic direct deposit of salary payment.
- May drive a U.S. Government vehicle and must have a valid, unrestricted driver's license.
IHS - Operated Properties are tobacco free
Salary Range: $82,078.00 to $97,468.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0660-11/11
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: United States Citizens
Control Number: 452371700
Job Announcement Number: IHS-R1-PX-1532553-DHA