CenturyLink Engineer II - Engineering & Construction in Portland, Oregon
CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications, hosting, cloud and IT services company enabling millions of customers to transform their businesses and their lives through innovative technology solutions. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, Big Data analytics and IT consulting, and operates more than 55 data centers in North America, Europe and Asia. The company provides broadband, voice, video, data and managed services over a robust 250,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 300,000-route-mile international transport network.
Job Responsibilities :
The Engineer II responsibilities include design and preparation of Engineering Work Orders for all growth whether Land developments, new buildings, single line requests, Government & Safety, Preservation, Rehab, DSL, FTTN, FTTH, FTTT, Road Relocation, augmentation projects and circuit/special circuit requests. Utilizing the following tools; Bidmaster/Fireworks, JDS, FORTE, NDTT, RTT, JDS, NDTT, ACAD. Prepare detailed field notes for OSP projects to construct. Apply for all governing authority permits. Maintain positive interaction with Internal and External customers; maintain open conversation with Planning and all company departments providing high quality of service to the CenturyLink customers. Manage workload for a given area.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent communications OSP engineering experience.
• 4-5 years of relevant, work experience required.
• Computer skills, including Email-Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, ACAD and Qwest legacy systems.
• Work with Planning, BNG (Operations) and all internal and external customers, maintain budget, and assist with forecasting budgets.
• Maintain positive interaction between all governing authorities
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Additional hours may be required.
• Valid driver's license, with a satisfactory driving record.
• Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented position in a deadline focused department.
• Five years applicable engineering experience related to RUS – legacy CenturyLink and legacy Quest background OSP/ISP a plus.
• Previous experience in outside plant, aerial, buried, underground and utility construction.
• Must perform work with minimal supervision for a designated area, including potential for any special projects as determined by management with-in the company
• Be able to take a project from planning, design through construction to closeout
• Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under pressure.
• Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical deadlines.
Alternate Location: US-Oregon-Portland
Requisition # : 112507
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
No Discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.