LegitScript Sr. DevOps Engineer in Portland, Oregon
Sr. DevOps Engineer
LegitScript, one of the Top 100 Workplaces in Oregon, is seeking an exceptional senior level DevOps Engineer to join our team at our Portland, Oregon-based headquarters.
What we are looking for:
A highly experienced DevOps Engineer with a proven track record of maintaining internal, private, and public cloud infrastructures. We need someone who is capable of defining processes and creating configurations that adhere to industry best practices. You will be the senior engineer on our DevOps team leading our efforts to support our development and operations teams. You will report to the Director of Engineering but work with teams across the company.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Deploy and maintain network infrastructure within private cloud and AWS to support the business and engineering needs
• Perform system upgrades and patches
• Automate and administer data backup and recovery activities
• Define and implement disaster recovery procedures
• Define, share, and ensure that system administration and security best practices are being followed
• Establish processes and systems to monitor the health of all systems
• Ensure development teams are supported in their efforts to deploy software in a timely and high-quality fashion
• Review infrastructure costs, contracts with vendors, and assist in negotiating services
• Create tools and processes to optimize and maintain systems
• Document network architecture, policies, and procedures
• Support company employees in a technical support capacity for both Apple and Windows systems
• Mentor peer engineers to build up team knowledge
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Expert level scripting with Unix Shell
• Expertise in security best practices for internal networks and cloud deployed systems
• Hands-on experience and expertise with:
◦ Network, and Linux/Unix administration
◦ Amazon Web Services (AWS) and highly scalable architectures
◦ MySQL and Postgres administration inclusive of backups, recovery, and scaling
◦ Ruby, Python, or another scripting language highly desired
◦ GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, and Confluence highly desired
◦ Continuous Integration & Deployment
◦ Puppet, Chef, or other DevOps/CM tools
◦ Orchestration, containers, and other VM-related technologies
◦ Large data storage and processing with Cassandra, Hadoop, or other distributed data stores
• Familiarity with Agile development methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban desired
• Knowledge of Security-related technologies and best practices highly desired
• Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions highly desired
• Experience in a non-management, technical leadership role over a peer group of System Administrators or Operations Engineers
• Effective time management required
We help companies of all sizes keep their services legal and safe for consumers. We share our expertise about high-risk online activity to empower businesses, governments, and consumers to make incremental changes that will result in a secure, more transparent Internet.
Our spacious, modern Pearl District office is cubicle-free with plenty of natural light. We have sit-to-stand convertible desks. Many of us bike to work and we have indoor bike parking. There's an office dog. Our friendly in-house barista serves complimentary beverages every morning, and we have lots of catered lunches and social events. It's a small, culturally diverse company (about 60 people at present) where people work hard and love what they do.
In addition to competitive salaries, full-time employees enjoy a great benefits package:
• Health plan with United Health Care - We pay 75% of the individual premium and 50% for dependents (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
• Flexible spending account - We contribute funds on your behalf and allow you to contribute pre-tax (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
• 401k with automatic company contribution (available after 1 year)
• Life insurance policy that is fully paid by employer (available on the first of the month following a month's employment)
• Transportation package to help alleviate commuting costs (available immediately!)
• Generous Paid Time Off policy
Bonus: We offer full-time employees extra perks like company-paid massages, gift cards to local businesses, paid time off to volunteer, company sponsorship of your hobby, and group social outings!
If you meet all of the requirements and would like to be considered, please respond to this ad with your resume and cover letter. For more information on our company, please check out our website: legitscript.com.