HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Market Director, Physician Practices - Portsmouth, NH in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician solution for the Hospital Corporation of America. PSG makes it easier for physicians to practice medicine by reducing the burdens of managing an independent practice and infusing the best clinical and operational standards in every office. With 13,000 employees that work in more than 790 practices across 21 states, PSG is leading the way by delivering high quality, cost effective health care in communities across the country.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary and growth opportunities. Join our team and share your skills and talents with the nation's largest private provider of healthcare services.
Our Market Manager will oversee the day-to-day operations of 83 multi-specialty providers in 20 locations throughout the region of Portsmouth, NH. All of our providers are employed, and most sites have a Practice Administrator.
The Market Manager will be responsible for the financial operations, development and stability of the market and have 3 Area Practice Managers (APM) reporting to them. These APM's oversee the 20 locations as listed above.
We are seeking someone with multi-site and multi-specialty background with a progressive leadership background. The ideal candidate will have current practice administration within the region/state.
The primary responsibilities of the Market Manager include oversight, leadership and general management of the market operations, financial performance, and budget. Includes strategic relations with hospital divisions and strategic involvement in acquisitions.
The Market Manager is responsible for all practices within a designated market. The number of sites, subordinate practice managers and physician may vary depending on geographic location and market size. Typically, the market manager will manage and provide leadership to Area Practice Managers, Practice Managers and Practice Administrators.
- The overall operational responsibility for the business and clinical functions through administrative and clinical staff including providers, front desk, medical records, nursing, and ancillary services to ensure maximum utilization of resources and the efficient delivery of services of his or her assigned practices. These responsibilities include Human Resources responsibilities.
- Directs and manages projects for market such as including patient flow, patient satisfaction, practice volume, billing and collections, service utilization, coding, physician and staff training.
- Analyzes business and conduct audits to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves medical and/or administration problems.
- Communicates with practice management, staff, providers and administration.
- Identifies practice/business development opportunities to increase practice market share.
- Develops, implements and monitors practice budgets including analyzing financial impact of changes and forecasts, and expenditures. Recommends corrective action as required.
- Develops cost/benefit analyses of patient care services and equipment.
- Meets regularly with physicians to review financial performance and key practice indicators.
- Insures that the practice staff follows all receivable/collection guidelines.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement.”
- Evaluates employee and manager performance and provides appropriate guidance and feedback.
- Oversees the daily/monthly expenditures, staffing and overtime hours
- Counsels, disciplines and/or recommends termination of employees as required.
- Recommends professional development for staff.
- Ensures regulatory compliance.
- Develops and oversees implementation and administration of internal practice policies and procedures in conjunction with Physician Services standard policies and procedures. Interprets applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the practice is in compliance with them.
- Oversees practice acquisition activities and market growth strategies.
- Develops and maintains effective communications between all levels of personnel.
- Ensures compliance with and knowledge of the company’s Code of Conduct by all subordinates to ensure an ethical work environment.
Bachelor’s Degree is required, Master's Degree is preferred.
Five to seven years work and supervisory experience in practice management of multiple locations.Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires the following minimum requirements: • Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives. • Knowledge of fiscal management and leadership management techniques. • Knowledge of health care administration systems. • Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements. • Ability to provide leadership and management of multiple sites. • Ability to use various computer systems and applications. • Ability to plan, organize and supervise. • Ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment and problem-solving techniques in the decision-making process. • Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, providers, patients and the public. • Ability to communicate clearly.
Title: Market Director, Physician Practices - Portsmouth, NH
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Appledore General Surgery
Requisition ID: 20792-45905