CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP Client Service Assistant in Raleigh, North Carolina
The Client Service Assistant (CSA) serves the office in all facets of administrative services, operations, and client support (internal and external). The CSA provides specific engagement, service, and/or industry line support and leverages internal processes and technical expertise to support client deliverables. The CSA may serve as a local office contact for Enterprise Business Services functions and may be specifically aligned to one or more functional areas as an office contact.
Work Activities & Accountabilities
The below functions reflect the general details necessary to describe the essential work activities and accountabilities of this position and are not all inclusive. Other activities may be assigned.
- Administrative: Performs full administrative duties including creating memorandums, correspondence, documents and reports, usually from rough draft, and edits for grammar, punctuation, and spelling as needed. Prepares, in draft form, routine correspondence as requested and organizes workload to comply with deadlines and priorities established by the principals. Answers phones and communicates messages to principals, managers, directors, and staff to resolve client questions on a timely basis.
- Client Documents: Creates financial statements, management letters, engagement letters, and reports for professional staff, usually from rough draft, and edits for grammar, punctuation, and spelling as needed. Proofreads and coordinates the assembly of client financial statements. Sorts and files office copies of financial statements or other documents efficiently; purges outdated files as needed. Assists in preparing and distributing client billing on a timely monthly basis. Assists with the development of proposals and presentations.
- Internal Client Support: Schedules appointments/meetings for principals, managers, and staff including making necessary travel arrangements, proactively checking need for meeting materials (i.e., agenda, presentation, food arrangements). Works as a team member in meeting the needs of the industry/service group.
- External Client Support: Interact with clients in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner. Assist with service requests from clients. Monitor and coordinate gathering of various forms and documents for set up of client files efficiently. May assemble tax returns and prepare extensions as needed.
- Technical Competencies: Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Windows and Office Products is necessary. Regular use of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint, STAR, CRM, Adobe, and other internal systems.
- Event Planning: Coordinates events including conferences, client presentations, learning sessions and office events. Selection of venue and vendors within approved budget.
The CSA reports directly and receives work direction from office and/or administrative leadership. S/he interacts on a regular basis with Principals, Directors, Managers, and Associates. S/he is aligned with a career coach (who may or may not be the same as the direct supervisor) to help with career planning, be an advocate for the experiences needed to reach goals, navigate the firm’s resources, and share insights, expertise, and guidance to develop his/her full potential.
Key Behavioral Competencies
The CSA must possess several key personal effectiveness traits to be successful. These include a high degree of passion for doing impactful work, accountability for actions, initiative make visions a reality, integrity that places honesty and trust above all else, professionalism, and conscientiousness. Actions and behaviors that are the foundation of successful careers at CLA are broadly defined below.
- Leading with Impact: Sets an example and exhibits behaviors for others to emulate.
- Ownership Mindset: Engineers productive change and positive results.
- Entrepreneurial Grit: Expresses new ideas to creatively and innovatively deliver quality service.
- Client Excellence: Understands the client’s perspective and helps others to complete high quality work.
- People Development: Takes ownership of career development and begins mentoring others.
- Clear Communication: Engages others through effective communication methods.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Encourages collaboration and actively solicits the ideas and opinions of others.
- Growing the Business: Focuses efforts on managing work and key client relationships to exceed client expectations. Is aware of CLA services and begins to identify client needs.
Minimum Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- Experience: Minimum of three years of related administrative experience.
- Education: High school degree or equivalent.
- Certifications/Licenses: None.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions, strength to lift and carry files weighing up to 5 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. Individuals in client-serving positions must be able to travel to/from client sites, as required.
- Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate. Client environments may vary, depending on services provided, but most, if not all, work will be performed in a traditional office setting under normal working conditions.
- Travel: This position requires <10% travel.
ABOUT THE FIRM
CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (CLA) is a professional services firm delivering integrated wealth advisory, outsourcing and public accounting capabilities to help enhance our clients’ enterprise value and assist them in growing and managing their related personal assets – all the way from startup to succession and beyond. Our professionals are immersed in the industries they serve and have specialized knowledge of their operating and regulatory environments. With over 4,400 people, 100 US locations and a global affiliation, we bring a wide array of solutions to help clients in all markets, foreign and domestic. Investment advisory services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, an SEC-registered investment advisor.
We are deeply invested in the success of our professionals and provide innovative career-building opportunities. At CLA, we aim to positively impact the clients we serve, the people we employ, the profession we represent and the communities we call home.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition Number: 16-0985
Title: Client Service Assistant