Army National Guard Units (Title 32) Surface Maintenance Mechanic in Rapid City, South Dakota
Army National Guard Units (Title 32)
1 vacancy in the following location:
- Rapid City, SD
Work Schedule is Full Time - Excepted Service Permanent
Opened Thursday 10/13/2016 (11 day(s) ago)
** Closes Friday 10/28/2016 (4 day(s) away)
SOUTH DAKOTA NATIONAL GUARD
The South Dakota National Guard has two distinct missions. The State mission is to provide units to assist and support civil authorities in the protection of life and property, preserve peace, order and public safety under the direction of the governor. The Federal mission is to provide combat ready, misson-capable forces throughout the entire spectrum of conflict under the direction of the president.
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Location of the Position: Rapid City, SD
Position Description Number: D1194000
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
- All Tenure 1 (as defined in block 24 on the SF 50) Technicians of the South Dakota Army National Guard. Applicants must presently be a Dual Status employee or a Non Dual Status employee eligible for Dual status.
1-a. Indefinite employees and probationary employees (qualify for three technician rule).
- All members of the South Dakota Army National Guard.
COMPATIBILE MILITARY ASSIGNMENT:
Selected individual must be assigned to a compatible military position in the following MOS/AOC within 90 days of effective date of hire: Enlisted: ECMF 12, 13, 14, 19, 25, 88, 91, 92, or 94. Military grade inversion within the full-time work force is not permitted. The military grade of the full time supervisor must equal or exceed the military grade of personnel supervised.
STATEMENT OF DIFFERENCES:
Applicant(s) selected will be appointed as a WG-08 or WG-10 depending on his or her education, training and experience as noted above. If the individual is appointed at the WG-08, the supervisor, employee, and HRDS will initiate a training agreement. When the required training has been successfully completed, the employee may be promoted to WG-10 without further competition.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is located in the Joint Forces Headquarters-State, Logistics Directorate (J-4), Surface Maintenance Facility. The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, inspection, and/or overhaul of a variety of combat, tactical, commercial, and special purpose vehicles and equipment.
- Occasional Travel
- 1-3 days per month
- per state policy
- SDNG Form 335-1-R Statement of Military History, or ERB
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSIDERATION:
General: Experience or training which demonstrates knowledge of equipment to be able to do routine jobs, simple preventative maintenance tasks, and is able to use common tools and equipment in the line of work.
Specialized: 12 months for the WG-08, and 18 months experience for the WG-10 in addition to the WG-08, in the knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) as listed below. Experience or training diagnosing, repairing, overhauling, and modifying more complex vehicles, equipment, and more complicated systems. Experience which has provided a thorough knowledge of diagnostic equipment. Experience applying independent judgment in determining methods and techniques required to solve unusually complex maintenance and repair problems. Experienced in testing, inspecting, and evaluating the work performed on vehicles, equipment and systems.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities (KSAs): Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a separate sheet(s) addressing the Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs) and how they relate to work experience, education or training in a month/year format. This document will be used to determine the PAY GRADE to which an applicant may qualify.
- Knowledge of various techniques for removing, adjusting, replacing, cleaning, and installing parts and components of surface maintenance equipment.
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic system theories; and skill to replace, fit, install, and adjust systems.
- Skill in the use of basic test equipment and ability to analyze test results to determine fault for repair or replacement of improperly functioning parts for components.
- Ability to interpret parts lists, manufacturer's repair manuals, technical manuals, diagrams, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other non-mechanical systems that have a functional relationship and effect on the operation of mechanical systems.
- Skill in using a wide variety of test and diagnostic equipment to perform fault isolation and conduct repair of surface maintenance equipment.
- Ability to repair major components such as engines, transmissions, drive line assemblies, electrical and electronic systems, and fuel injection systems.
- Ability to operate and understand original equipment manufacturer computerized diagnostic equipment and embedded diagnostics.
What To Expect Next
Once you successfully complete the application process, you will receive a notification of receipt. Your application package will be reviewed to ensure you meet the basic eligibility and qualification requirements, and you will receive a notification. A review will be made of your online questionnaire and the documentation you submitted to support your responses. A list of qualified applicants will be created and sent to the selecting official. All applicant reviewed and/or referred will receive a notification letter. The selecting official may choose to conduct interviews. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of decision.
To check the status of your application, please refer to Application Manager at http://applicationmanager.gov.
The federal government offers a number of exceptional benefits to its employees which may include Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Insurance, Annual Leave, Life Insurance, Long Term Care Insurance, and Retirement Program. For additional information about current federal benefits visit web site http://www.opm.gov
The South Dakota National Guard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for this position will be made without regard to political, religious, or labor organization affiliation or non-affiliation, marital status, race, color, sex, national origin, disqualifying physical handicap, or age, and shall be based solely on job-related criteria.
Salary Range: $20.34 to $27.00 / Per Hour
Series & Grade: WG-5801-08/10
Promotion Potential: 10
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Members of the South Dakota Army National Guard
Control Number: 452635100
Job Announcement Number: SDARNG 01-17 (1818495)